Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve was faulty.
Like the rest of you, I had to call on Thursday to have a sears technician has to come out to diagnose the my faulty honeywell gas valve for a convenient 89$ before they would order and "warranty the defective 3 year old part. I think this is a crock of *** but that is a whole separate discussion.
A technician by the name of Richard shows up on Friday and confirms that it in fact is a faulty gas valve but also notes, he has to install the part for a $180. When I tell him that was not what Sears had told me over the phone, he simply packs up his stuff and leaves. I then called Sears to figure out if the installer does in fact have to install it and it is confirmed that they do not require the installation by their technician. I was told by a warranty rep that because the installer wouldn't order the part or leave me with one, they would be ordering the part and it would be rush delivered to my house.
When I call on Monday to check on the status of the part order, it was no where to be found. Now they have to send out another technician on Tuesday from 1-5 to triage the same exact thing and order the same exact part that was diagnosed on Friday.
To complicate things to the nth degree, my wife is 8 months pregnant.
I don't assume Sears will contact me or care about this whatsoever but i did want to document it for the rest of you that are even thinking of walking into a sears to purchase a new appliance on sale, screwdriver set, or even a toaster oven, that is "covered" by the all mighty sears warranty.
On the plus side, Sears has left plenty of room for improvement if they don't go out of business first.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2013 Kenmore Water Heater
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "On December 30th 2014 i called you as the TV i bought and had taken out the extended warranty on was having issues. Turning itself on and off mid show,..."
- "My wife and I purchased a "Serrano" Sears-O-Pedic bed that comes as a unit with the mattress and the box as one unit......10 year warranty is why we went with..."
- "Placed an order online on Dec.5th. I called on Dec.17th and was guaranteed the item would arrive the next day. It didn't! I called back and they said it would..."
- "I hired Sears to clean my carpet, they told me that they would only move my couches,which was fine with me, a young tech came by himself, I told him..."
- "This is the worst bed ever. It is nothing more than a high priced air mattress.. My plastic frame bent after one week of having the bed and it will..."
- "I ordered a fair amount of very expensive bedding for my son on a site called Olive Kids. The photographs on the site were all quite nice, so I submitted..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."