Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve was faulty.

Like the rest of you, I had to call on Thursday to have a sears technician has to come out to diagnose the my faulty honeywell gas valve for a convenient 89$ before they would order and "warranty the defective 3 year old part. I think this is a crock of *** but that is a whole separate discussion.

A technician by the name of Richard shows up on Friday and confirms that it in fact is a faulty gas valve but also notes, he has to install the part for a $180. When I tell him that was not what Sears had told me over the phone, he simply packs up his stuff and leaves. I then called Sears to figure out if the installer does in fact have to install it and it is confirmed that they do not require the installation by their technician. I was told by a warranty rep that because the installer wouldn't order the part or leave me with one, they would be ordering the part and it would be rush delivered to my house.

When I call on Monday to check on the status of the part order, it was no where to be found. Now they have to send out another technician on Tuesday from 1-5 to triage the same exact thing and order the same exact part that was diagnosed on Friday.

To complicate things to the nth degree, my wife is 8 months pregnant.

I don't assume Sears will contact me or care about this whatsoever but i did want to document it for the rest of you that are even thinking of walking into a sears to purchase a new appliance on sale, screwdriver set, or even a toaster oven, that is "covered" by the all mighty sears warranty.

On the plus side, Sears has left plenty of room for improvement if they don't go out of business first.

Disgruntled Customer

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Kenmore

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2013 Kenmore Water Heater
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #860722 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about