Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve was faulty.
Like the rest of you, I had to call on Thursday to have a sears technician has to come out to diagnose the my faulty honeywell gas valve for a convenient 89$ before they would order and "warranty the defective 3 year old part. I think this is a crock of *** but that is a whole separate discussion.
A technician by the name of Richard shows up on Friday and confirms that it in fact is a faulty gas valve but also notes, he has to install the part for a $180. When I tell him that was not what Sears had told me over the phone, he simply packs up his stuff and leaves. I then called Sears to figure out if the installer does in fact have to install it and it is confirmed that they do not require the installation by their technician. I was told by a warranty rep that because the installer wouldn't order the part or leave me with one, they would be ordering the part and it would be rush delivered to my house.
When I call on Monday to check on the status of the part order, it was no where to be found. Now they have to send out another technician on Tuesday from 1-5 to triage the same exact thing and order the same exact part that was diagnosed on Friday.
To complicate things to the nth degree, my wife is 8 months pregnant.
I don't assume Sears will contact me or care about this whatsoever but i did want to document it for the rest of you that are even thinking of walking into a sears to purchase a new appliance on sale, screwdriver set, or even a toaster oven, that is "covered" by the all mighty sears warranty.
On the plus side, Sears has left plenty of room for improvement if they don't go out of business first.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered in a Sears Freezer. Had to pay an independent to deliver because our Sears doesn't bother. Used person they recommended. When it got here and before it was totally..."
- "Dear Sears customer service, I am writing to let you know that we are long standing customers of Sears, and have spent a lot of money with Sears, On Feb 20th..."
- "My $2246.90 Bella Luna 7pc lighted dining set has no warranty by sears or Agio the manufacturer the glass top shattered by me putting the umbrella in the ring of..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "Just got a very nice bot text from these people. Used that thing where you replace letters with numbers like 3 and E for some reason. Just for *** and..."
- "I have had the worst experience ever in my life. I have concrete steps installed that are against building codes and a safety hazard. I have this verified by a..."
- "I want to start by saying I am not a fan of spending this kind of time too make a review but I had created a review on a local..."