i have this Kenmore water heater for 6 years with 9 years warranty . service came about 2 years ago replaced a part for free ( that wasn't fun, phone call after phone call , waiting and waiting ), it seems the problem come again this year, the top of the heater is slowly leaking water and start rust badly .so I call the service ( of course over hours between waiting and transferring )they said they will send a tech out (in two weeks)to find out what is the problems and that will be 79.99 no matter what , and I will be paying additional cost for the labor of the installation if it qualify the warranty .

if it dosent qualify the warranty I have buy myself a new tank plus 80 dollars.

I look at my receipt the tank was only cost lees than 300 , so for around 200 dollars more I can just go get my self a brand new water heater with no headaches.

I guess its time to looking a reliable and honest company buy my next water heater .

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Installation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 27, 2013.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #769545

No moderator here is there....they would die before they gave the customer anything for free. There HAS to be a law concerning warranties that they are breaking.

From what I have been reading from ex employees they force the sale of these and then will not honor them. They make the money and the customer gets the shaft.

I would suggest avoiding Sears and anything they sell to not have to go through any more nightmares.