10.4K views

Went to sears to use the "why not lease it" program to get a new computer. The store had 5 of the crappiest laptops in stock, with none on display, just placards telling you the vaguest idea of what each product included.

Employee advised that I could only use this program with products in the store; nothing else could be ordered or otherwise selected. When I told him that what was on display was not really useful or desirable, and that they represented some if the lowest rated products but with jacked up prices, he tried to tell me that they were "for students". I have been a student for quite some time, so I can tell you from experience that these products were NOT what any reasonable student would choose.

Basically, this program is intended to rope desperate people into buying substandard products at inflated prices ( plus the lease companys fee!!!)Just save up and go almost anywhere else. Please believe this is not a square deal.

Comments

I will never buy anything from Kmart why not lease it again they don't keep their word one puts it on another but neither do anything

I attempted to cancel a purchase immediately after. Didn't even leave the sales desk.

It was a stove. Found I was given bogus info from Lease It agent. Cannot get my initial lease payment back . They finally agreed to send it but even though they received immediate payment I am getting a damned check in a 7 to 10 business .

B.

S. They are in a hurry to get YOUR money but in no hurry to refund it.

to Anonymous #1477940

Did you ever get your refund? That’s about where I’m at now and debating on having my bank reverse the charge.

to Anniepooh303 #1492031

I cancelled my lease immediately as well and haven’t received my initial payment back... it’s been 20 days. Customer Service is absolutely horrible.

to Anonymous #1557379

I ordered a stove as well through the why not lease it program on July 3rd and told the stove would be to delivered to the store on the 18th. The 18th come and was told it would be another 2 weeks so I canceled my order on the 18th of July and I am still waiting for a refund and it is now sept 10th 2018 oh and they are still trying to take payments for a product I dont even have. FURIOUS WITH SEARS AND WHY NOT LEASE IT!

You might be right kid about the laptops but 36 dolars a month for a table saw and a 14inch band saw at a reasonable price is no joke and theu are both craftsman which are known higher level tools and they have good priced hand tools as well that are backed with lifetime warranties boo hoo if they sale *** laptops go cry to mommy next time before you slam a whole syore for having a bad electronics section

to Anonymous #1343052

Fee bucks a month towards renting something. You are told in the stores that at the end of 5 months you own the products.

This is not true in the least.

You pay to lease them then you can buy them for almost the full cost. It is a scam.

to Anonymous #1429190

Miss Leggs to Anonymous less than a minute ago

I've had a similar bad experiences with them. Call the Federal Trade Bureau to Complain 18773824357

It is completely a scam we did this and ended up with them taking money out of an account for a year for 400.00 worth of merchandise. My brother in law ended up paying 2000.00 for a 500.00 TV. Hey if you can do this and get by with it we are in the wrong profession.

to Anonymous #1399732

You should have closed that account the month they started taken out if you were being charged like that..

to Anonymous #1429189

to Anonymous #1494081

To be fair it’s clearly spelled out. There is nothing illegal or misleading about the sears leasing program.

It’s the deadbeat consumers with terrible credit that don’t read the fine print and before you tell me “no it doesn’t say that” I reviewed their leasing terms and it most certainly spells out how much it could cost you in the end. People want to blame sears but in the end they’re so hyped to get the product they want for weekly payments they don’t look further into the actual terms.

I have used Why not lease it 4 times now and I have NEVER had a negative issue. First READ THE CONTRACT IT IS A LEGAL BINDING DOCUMENT.

INSPECT YOUR MERCHANDISE BEFORE YOU ACCEPT DELIVERY, THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY NOT THE STORE OR WNLI. They are in business to make money not to give everything away because people don't read what they sign. Yes if you keep the item on a monthly lease for the entire term you will pay a fortune. Just like a car you finance it for a LONG time and it depreciates and breaks.

If you don"t make payments they are going to call and call and then repo it if you do not pay what the contract you signed says. Welcome to the USA. I got a 4k kitchen aid refrigerator at the Sears outlet here for less than a thousand dollars, made the first payment then the 5 required, called 30 days before last payment was due and got the buyout amount. Then just paid it off.

No issues at all. Did this 3 more times with major appliances with the same result. The amount I saved was incredible.

Now waiting for Sears to put their riding mowers on sale and will do it again.

to Anonymous #1260108

Same here, used it before and they are very nice everyone I've called. They even reversed a automatic draft for me because of an error.

to Anonymous #1343054

The issue is the stores lying about how the plan works. As far as reading the contract, I wasn't shown one before I did the program, were You?

I didn't realize how bad this program was until I went and made a second purchase and started reading the receipts on the way home. Legal or not, it's not right

to Anonymous #1429188

to Anonymous #1494087

What’s not right is buying without knowing the terms. Your ignorance isn’t justification for saying sears is in the wrong.

As the consumer you have poor credit or else you wouldn’t be leasing items from sears. You have a history of not paying your bills or you wouldn’t be leasing from sears. I’m guessing all your missed payments and charg offs are all “not right “ either. You as the consumer have every opportunity to research a leasing program before purchasing.

There is abundant information online you could have checked before making the impulse decision to lease from sears. Don’t feel sorry for yourself and blame the big bad company because of your poor decision making. You didn’t read your receipts the first time ?? Lol.

Come on now. Take some accountability for being a credit rat , not paying your bills on time ( of course I’m sure there is some long dramatic sob story about why your credit got so bad you have to resort toLeasing from sears)

to Matt8214 #1506810

Well bud, when the cashier outright says “this isn’t rent a center, you’re getting a new product that's paid in full after 5 moths” you tend to take that persons word for it. Now while it might be printed within the 4-6 receipts you’re given and expected to sign...the old price of $1,499 is now null and void, the new price is actually $2,300 due to a “buyout” option after 5-6 months. Leasing or not...it’s robbery, and you trying to justify it by insulting someone’s credit is pathetic...must be nice to say whatever you’d like, while hiding behind a computer monitor eh?

to Anonymous #1556055

I was never shown the contract, the terms before I signed either. They gave it to me after they took my payment.

Newport, Rhode Island, United States #1084143

I had no problem ever so i have done like 6 or maybe 7 all payd before thr 90 days if u pay before the 90 days the whole amount not just the biweekly payments u will end up paying only a 10% of interest if u pay before 30 days u only paying 5 % wich is not bad for handing u the items with out having the full amount. I think is a great idea for thoose eho pay bills on time. Started apprived for 350 now im approved for 1200 not bad at all.