Camden, New Jersey
11.8K views

Went to sears to use the "why not lease it" program to get a new computer. The store had 5 of the crappiest laptops in stock, with none on display, just placards telling you the vaguest idea of what each product included.

Employee advised that I could only use this program with products in the store; nothing else could be ordered or otherwise selected. When I told him that what was on display was not really useful or desirable, and that they represented some if the lowest rated products but with jacked up prices, he tried to tell me that they were "for students". I have been a student for quite some time, so I can tell you from experience that these products were NOT what any reasonable student would choose.

Basically, this program is intended to rope desperate people into buying substandard products at inflated prices ( plus the lease companys fee!!!)Just save up and go almost anywhere else. Please believe this is not a square deal.

Comments

PLEASE WHAT EVER YOU DO (((((((((DONT USE WHYNOTLEASE IT!))))))

ON TOP OF THE KMART LOCATION LYING TO ME AND SAYING THAT I JUST HAVE TO PAY WHAT THE PRODUCT ACTUALLY COST I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

THEY ARE RUDE AND IF YOU MISS ONE PAYMENT YOU ARE SCREWED!

I DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY IN THE BANK AT THE CORRECT TIME THEY WANTED SO I CALLED THEM LATER THE SAME DAY IT WAS DUE AND THEY WOULDNT LET ME PAY !!

THEY TOLD ME SOME BS ON HOW "IT WILL TAKE THE BILLING SYSTEM 24 HOURS TO GET YOUR INFORMATION" UMM NO? YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE MY INFORMATION!

THEY PULL THIS BULL SO THEY CAN GET A NICE 25 $$ LATE FEE OUT OF YOU! IM NOT SOMEONE TO GET MAD AT A COMPANY ON THE PHONE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT BUT THIS COMPANY HAS MADE ME MADDER THEN EVER!

JUST SAVE UP THE MONEY AND BUY WHAT YOU WANT UNLESS YOU WANT HEADACHES AND TO PAY 2 TIMES THE PRICE! OR GO SOMEWHERE LIKE AARONS WHO WILL ACTUALLY WORK WITH YOU!

PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!! I bought a firm mattress set from Sears using Why Not Lease It and it is a nightmare.

They delivered the mattress set but one side was soft and one side was firm. I immediately contacted the rep that sold it to me and she told me to try it out for a while and if I am still not satisfied to contact the delivery department and contact Why Not Lease It to let them know what was going on. I did just that and both companies kept tossing me back and forth. I had the merchandise picked up in about 10 days and the rep at WNLI said once the return was processed I would receive a check refund minus a restocking fee w/I 5-7 business days.

Well I called them after that time had passed and they told me 7-10 business days. Also, they assured me on several occasions that the contract was voided but they processed a payment from my account. When I called them they told me it would be 7-10 business days to be refunded. The next day I checked my bank account and yet another payment was processed.

I immediately contacted WNLI and they said they did not show another payment processed and I would have to send them a copy of my statement. I asked them for something in writing to give to my bank to show that the lease was cancelled/voided and they said there is nothing they can show me that it would show online. I registered with WNLI online and it showed nothing under "view my lease agreement". I called them back and then they said it wouldn't show anything if it was voided.

Doesn't seem legal for a company to refuse to provide something like this in writing to their customer.

Their customer service/billing is horrible. Still waiting for resolution.

Their service is terrible. people are not trained to deal with customers. I think this is a rip off

I got the why not lease last summer and have payed WAY OVER twice the amount that the system was worth.. they charged my bank account twice after I told them not to so I got to the point I had to close my bank account because not only did I have to pay 25.00 rcf but an additional 35.00 to my bank.

I have went through 4 hrs on the phone and everything with these people ways to many times and they don't help you with ANYTHING!!!

I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH THEM AGAIN AND I AM TELLING PEOPLE TO NOT GO THROUGH THEM.. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS THEY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY THEY MAKE!!!

As a young person with no credit, I leased a laptop from this company that are doing business under the Sears name, and after I paid 10 payments for $44.95 every two weeks, and I thought i was done, they sent me a letter and requested either $300 cash, or to continue making 18 more payments for $44.95 each. This means they expect me to pay $1258.60 for a $300 laptop.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF DONE UNDER SEARS NAME. STAY AWAY FROM THEM AND FROM SEARS.

@nsajaja

So what happened after did u give the laptop back

Viaan

Oh how pathetic......SEARS is now turning into a RAC.....that pretty much tells you how desperate this company is. They pretty much are on the downward slide to Bankruptcy

It's true!! I stopped by sears to purchase some products through the lease program.

It'ssuppo sed tobe a no credit based contract and you just have to show proof of income. I applied and was denied with no explanation. I was given a email to contact someone and Ihave been able to reach anyone.

I can tell someone is weird about this and looks like false advertising. If they pulled a credit check without my authorization, I surely will be seeking legal matters.

The new lease program for Sears is definitely not a good deal. I went in for a refrigerator and was totally disappointed after I signed up but in less that 30 days I canceled the deal after I found out about the baloon payment at the end, no.

Please go somewhere else do no try the new sears lease program.

Now currently have a hard time getting a refund. ml

@tl78823

I didn't read the fine print. I just signed my lease today.

Can I just return my tv? its unopened

@Lady T

Yes you can return it. If going to use wnli just pay them off in three months.

@tl78823

With the term "LEASE" in the name, a balloon payment at the end is implied. All leases work the same(car, home, furniture, etc...).

Down payment(usually small to entice you), manageable monthly payments(also to entice you), then at the end they give you 3 options...Re-lease the item, buy it outright, return it.

The price of the end payment if you decide to buy it, is the depreciated value of the merchandise(usually about 40% of the new price). You really should have payed more attention when they were explaining everything to you.

Sears Reviews