With Company response Not resolved

I have to say this was the worst purchasing experience I have ever had.

My husband and I ordered a Black Kenmore refrigerator from our local sears. It had really nice features and more importantly it was a larger fridge that met the height requirements of our kitchen (Needed short! under 68") We dealt with a pleasant salesperson, were in and out thinking our fridge would be delivered the following Saturday. We Bought it on 3/23 and requested delivery on the 31. Salesperson said no problem.

We await our confirmation call friday the 30.. find it odd that we didn't get one. I called customer service and was told we were wrong delivery was slated for 4/7. Not happy about it but it was still before we were moving in our new home so it was alright... Mind you it took half an hour to get through to their automated Indian call center. Funny thought I was calling my local customer service desk...

Anyhow the fridge comes.. In white. Now even the delivery guy has to call the auto call center... five minutes on hold and rep barely speaks English. We then had to explain ourselves three times because they couldn't understand us. Finally the rep understands we need the fridge in black...... and he says its back ordered for at least two weeks. Can maybe delivered on 4/21. They did offer to set up the wrong fridge and swap when the other one came--but all I could envision was banged walls and scratched floors in my new kitchen.

We weren't moving in until 4/21 anyhow so.... with regret this was ok.... but we were pissed.

Fast Forward to today because mistakes have been made a few times now I wanted to call ahead to confirm delivery. I confirm it with a rep in the customer center and hang up. A half hour later i get a call from the local store rep who says "Ooops you wanted a black fridge? Actually we ordered a white one again, you must have gotten lost in the system or they didn't take care of it at the call center. Change to black was never made and we cant get you that until at least 4/27" are you KIDDING Waiting a month (from ordering time) for a Fridge? INSANE they did offer that -I- could come to the store and pick up a compact fridge until the right one came. Yes, lets strap that to the top of my Honda Civic..... At this point I wanted a significant discount for my troubles. I may have asked a bit much but we ARE talking not one, not two, but over three whoopsies here. And no one took responsibility it was the computers fault for dropping my order out of the system or some bullcrap.

FOrget that, cancelled my order and went to Orville's. They offered next day delivery. I almost cried.

Half hour after that Sears rep called me back trying to sell me another fridge model!! HAH!!!!! You guys are INSANE

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Apr 16, 2012.

Comments

I am currently on day 55 of waiting for my oven I ordered and paid for. On phone 40 times with store, social media (customer relations) and everybody else.

Sears must be the WORST company the world has ever seen. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SEARS or SEARS OUTLET.

enfpme105

OMG I completely agree! I had the worst experience EVER from Sears home delivery.

Contrary to what Brian S. said above, this horrid customer service appears to be the rule, not the exception.

This is a letter i sent to sears!

My Name is ***** and I am at the point of tears. We first walked into a Sears store on March 6th to purchase a dishwasher in Monroe Michigan.

The sales person said we needed to order it online since the store was closing. On March 8th we purchased the dishwasher(order# 3********) with my Sears card. we waited to the scheduled delivery date which was March 28th. On March 28th the Installation dept.

called and said the dishwasher had been lost and it would not be delivered. We then called customer solutions and talked to many different case workers over the next few days. We finally talked to an case manager named Amy in Arizona who promised us a upgraded dishwasher because the dishwasher was out of stock,(order # *******). She said she couldn't just order it because we had to wait until they re-credited the amount before we could purchase it.

We were never able to contact Amy again. On March 31st I called and reordered the dishwasher and I was promised a delivery date of Friday April 13th with installation. Yesterday my husband received a call letting us know they had problems with the paper work and they were going to work to get us our dishwasher by Friday. I was worried about the Friday delivery date so I called Customer Solutions once again tonight and spoke to another case manager in Arizona named Leticia, She informed us we received an email earlier today, but was unaware of any problems with the delivery of our dishwasher.

She told us our dishwasher was in the system to be delivered after April 18th. When I disconnected with her I checked my emails and they stated they reprocessed my Dishwasher(without my permission) and will call me April 18th to let me know when they will deliver the dishwasher. I have been waiting since March 8th for my dishwasher to arrive. I do not understand why sears can not get me a dishwasher, since I ordered one over a month ago!

I have talked to several Case workers and so far no one has actually been able to get my dishwasher to me. We have been without a dishwasher and have been eagerly waiting and very disappointed every time Sears messes up the order. I am at my wits end and I was wondering if there was something you could do to get us our dishwasher? We are unsure who else to turn to.

Thank you for your time. It is now April 17th and we still dont have our dishwasher!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Kalikanightwing,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delivery communication failure and disappointment surrounding your refrigerator purchase. I can definitely understand why this situation was more than a bit confusing and beyond frustrating for you. This is definitely not the level of service we have long established, and would like the chance to speak with you more about this. I know that you have made your refrigerator purchase somewhere else already, but we want to let you know that we do appreciate your business.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Kalikanightwing) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.