3K views
With Company response Not resolved

I wish I had read up on Sears Home Delivery before ordering my mattress from them. When they first scheduled delivery it was during work for me, so I called and gave them 3 different days & times that would work. It ended up scheduled for Saturday between 5-7pm...not a great time for me as I was having a party at 7pm, but as long as they came on time we'd be ok".

They never showed up:. I got a call half an hour afterward from a salesperson who was "so sorry" the truck had gone over its allotted number of hours or something and wouldn't be able to deliver to me, and I was supposed to have been notified, and there were no excuses, but lots of apologies!.

But no worries, cause hey -- I'm a pretty chill person'. I said it was ok, and we could reschedule?.

The next available day was Monday". I got a call on Monday that the truck had broken down and I would need to reschedule.. Ok, fine?. Rescheduled for today (Thursday April 19). The sales person I spoke to said that I could request a call ahead of 30 minutes or an hour so that I wouldn't have to sit at home the whole time -- perfect, since I work 1.5 miles away, so then I can leave work in enough time to get here and meet the delivery people. Perfect.

They never called, showed up at my place and called me asking where I was. I told them I was 30 minutes away, I was supposed to have been called ahead of time, and asked them to please wait -- I didn't want to have to reschedule again. The truck driver was extremely abrupt and said no that's too long, and when I pressed he said he'd call customer service. Customer service called me about 5 minutes later while I was fighting traffic to get home (I only work a mile and a half away, but this is Los Angeles) and asked me if I was home. I told her no, I was on my way home, and could they please wait, since it wasn't my fault that I wasn't home to receive the mattress. She said well if you're not home let's just reschedule. And then I said no, I am tired of waiting, Sears has cancelled on me twice already, and I'm already on the way home from work (early) -- I was literally less than a mile away at that point, so I expected Sears to deliver my mattress today.

When I got home the delivery truck and my mattress were gone. I called customer service -- the agent I spoke to called and left messages with both the delivery driver and the carrier to see if they would be returning tonight. I waited for an hour and a half and didn't hear from anyone. Called customer service back and they said I'm sorry, it was a carrier error, we couldn't deliver today. Now I have to wait 3 more days before the first available delivery date. This has been just the worst experience, and nothing but 'sincere' apologies on Sears' end. I find it completely unacceptable that a delivery that requires the person to be home wouldn't allow you to set a time in advance -- in fact you don't know the time until the night before -- and then half the time they don't show up anyway, after you've reconfigured your life to be home at the allotted time. Completely unacceptable and extremely dissappointing. I should have ordered from Amazon.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #875139

Scheduled mattress for Monday 1:15 to 3:15 was the window. I was here all day preparing for the arrival and showered quickly around noon.

At 1 I start looking out my deck for drivers as I live in a condo. Around 1:20 they call my mother to state no one was home and they are leaving. I walk around outside and see no trucks. They state they have the correct address and reschedule for Thursday (today).

We call higher management that states the drivers could return after their route and they would call when on their way. No call. No return back. But I waited.

Waited all day for ***. I get an email last night that they will call and email my window, I heard nothing last night. No call. Why do they have "windows" if they don't honor them.

The unfortunate part is Sears won't let you pick up a mattress so delivery is the only option. I won't do it again.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Enfpme105:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle a situation start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance to help resolve the delivery issue with your new mattress. This is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Enfpme105) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.