With Company response Not resolved

Purchased new mattress from SEARS and 32 days later mattress had a hump in the middle. Called SEARS and they said that they would bring out a replacement mattress.

No problem. Replacement mattress came and the guys said that they had a lot of returns on this specific mattress. A week later the "new" mattress had lumps in it. Called SEARS to refund our money and they said that we were out of the 30 day window for refunds but they would replace the mattress or we could up grade to a better mattress but we would have to pay the difference in price.

Nothing said about the mattress being flawed or how can we make this better for you. Just no refund.

Now there you have the "smart" way big business, and their lawyers, go to keep from refunding a customers money on flawed material, just keep replacing it and eventually they will give up and go away.

Shop at SEARS again, I don't think so.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments

Goliard

Sears did call and the person was very professional but said that they would not refund the money paid but would stand by the warranty of the Sealy mattress. Well we have since replaced the second mattress with a 3rd Sealy mattress from Sears.

The gents that delivered the mattress said that they could see the "hump" in the middle of the mattress. It really is beyond my comprehension that a company would replace a defective mattress with another defective mattress and then do it yet again. Sears can in no way be doing nothing but be losing money on this deal unless they are just passing it through on to Sealy who is just writing the replaced mattress' off. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Now the real kicker is the 3rd mattress has the same problem as the first.

Guess we're going to keep this replacement game up for some time.

I don't know what to tell anyone who reads this other than to really shop around for a mattress and as a "last" resort only go to Sears or Sealy for a mattress.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Goliard,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation Team. I wanted to reach out and apologize for the trouble you have experienced with your mattress. I know it is very frustrating that your new mattress is showing the same signs as your first mattress. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the2 email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your mattress was purchased with (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Goliard) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.