I purchased a Kenmore over the range microwave hood combo in June 2017.I also purchased the Master Protection Agreement coverage for 5 years.

The Kenmore warranty is 1 year. In October 2017 I put a potato in the microwave and pushed the potato button and went outside. When I came back into the kitchen it was filled with smoke and the microwave was off. The potato was a pile of charcoal.

I assume the sensor failed to shut the microwave down. I called Sears and 2 technicians came out 2 days later. They both agreed I should get a replacement but they have a process of linking by phone to STAC, which is a person somewhere who looks at the damage through the phone and decides what the final outcome is. Well he decided it was “accidental damage” which is not covered under either warranty.

They could not tell me why the microwave did this, or even what part failed. They said they have to abide with what STAC says. I asked for another technician to look at it. Sears sent a senior technician out the following week.

He also told me I should be given a new microwave but STAC said the same thing again. No wonder Sears is closing stores. They sell me a defective microwave and 4 months later it’s going to the dump.

I am taking them to small claims court and filing complaints with several governmental agencies.I was a long time Sears customer but they just lost all my business over a $300 microwave.

Review about: Kenmore Microwave.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

I’m a ex tech and STAC plays that game with every replacement.Call and get a refund on your extended warranty and call the news media.

Sears refuses to honor the terms of the contracts they sell.

The sooner they are out of business the better the world will be.Rochester NY