I’m having with Sears/Sears.com.On May 9, 2015 I went into the Sears store located in Goodyear, AZ to look at microwaves, as ours had decided to stop working.

I spoke with a sales girl and she ordered me a microwave that should have met my needs. It did not. When this microwave arrived on May 18th I noticed a large dent in the side of the microwave and it doesn’t not fit properly in the cabinet space. I called the store and informed her and she told me that I could not return it to a store because it was ordered on Sears.com website.

I was not told this when she ordered it, as a matter of fact, when I asked if it should not work out she told me I could just bring it in to that location for a refund. I then went into the store and spoke with a store manager, who then called Sears.com and put me on the phone with them. This happened on May 20, 2015. Since then I have found out that Sears.com is also a “marketplace” and they have 3rd party sellers on this site.

Apparently, the person who listed this microwave is a scam artist of some sort. They sent me a return label with a Best Buy return address with my name on it, again, I bought this from Sears. I have been on the phone every 2 days since with Sears.com. They have tried (and failed) to contacting the seller of this item multiple times.

Every time I call I get pushed back more and more with the “it will take 24-48 hours”. I finally thought I had some resolution on June 3rd when I received an email from them with a return address but no return label attached. When I contacted them they said they would not pay for shipping (shipping is $90) unless there was damage to the machine. I, once again, informed them that there was in fact damage to this microwave.

I have since been told 2 more times that it will take another 24-48 hours to get this resolved. In the meantime I am out $274.55. I am without a microwave oven and I have used more time and energy than necessary to complete this task. I will NEVER use Sears for anything every again.

We have bought many things from them over the years, as has our families....NEVER again.I will make sure everyone I know is very aware of this issue as well.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $275 and wants Sears to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears microwave for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments