With Company response

My elderly mother and father in-laws purchased a kenmore microwave in October of 2011. The microwave is completely broken, it will turn on and spin but nothing heats up, in addition the keypad 3,6,9 and clock buttons do not work.

Since the item is over a year old Sears refuses to repair or replace. They did send a technician out to diagnose(was a noshow for the forst appt) but since it costs more to repair then to replace they are not willing to do anything. They offered a $75 gift certificate toward a new microwave. My in laws are on a fixed income and can't afford to buy a new microwave every 18 months and certainly wouldn't buy a new one from Sears given the way they have been treated.

The worst part is that Maine has a consumer implied warranty that requires the seller and manufacturer to repair or replace at no cost to the consumer if the appliance fails before its expected useful life. My cases manager Andrea at Sears says they don't need to follow state law. I asked her to forward my request which I copied the Maine attorney general on to their legal department and she informed me that she can't contact Sears legal and that she is my only point of escalation. She left it by saying either take the $75 or call the Maine attorney general and escalate it through them.

I find it completely shocking that sears would be willing to not stand behind there kenmore line and lose two households worth of business(both which are all kenmore appliances) and do so in direct disregard for maine consumer protection laws which they should b following if they want to sell in this state.

Anyone who knows and can share Mr Lampert's email would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure that not how he wants his "Blue Ribbon customer service team" to treat customers.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #747509

There are lots of smaller mom and pop places that have appliances and they cannot afford to hurt their customers like Sears does. I learned the hard way about how much they do not care. Avoid them and know you don't have to go through this again.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #725614

Eddie.Lambert@search.com

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty you are experiencing resolving this issue. I will forward your Pissed Consumer Post to your Case Manager, Andrea, and ask that she contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response #721007

Never heard a word back from Andrea and I doubt it would do any good, Andreas is clearly not the right person to resolve this issue as she is completely indifferent on this issue. Guess nobody cares.

I've given up and will just go to Home Depot or Lowes for all my appliance needs in the future.