With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Mar 29, 2015

Still no sulfur damage on the old ac unit we put back in the window.Unlike the sears junk this one has held freon so long it wore out the high speed fan relay in the control board.

Took me about an hour to fix it. I imagine if I would have called Sears repair they would claimed sulfur got inside the relay, and scurried off as fast as possible. That reminds me it late in the day when they showed up way back when, and they may have not wanted to work late.

Kmart bought sears after running Kmart into bankruptcy.What does that imply about sears holdings

Update by user Jun 28, 2014

We are still using the old ac we put back in the windowafter the sears junk leaked all the freon out. Sears holdings please tell your ignorant ac guys that the black stained coils is from the oil that leaked out of the compressor. Sears is not concerned about customer service and will not stand behind their product.

Update by user May 29, 2013

Sears would not honor the warranty to this day.I even put the old air conditioner that I had taken out when I installed the freon leaky Sears ac, back in the same window when they wouldnt fix the new one.

It was in the window 6 or 7 years and now has been back in for over a year more.

Sears where is the sulfur damage on this 8+ years running unit in the same window?They did send me a full page report on sulfur but havnt trained their technicians to distinguish it from oil.

Original review posted by user Jun 27, 2012

Sears came to fix our 1 year old air conditioner the freon had leaked out.They ordered parts and left.

a week or so later they returned and claimed it had sulfur damage grabbed the parts we picked up at the post office and left. thoroughly inspected the unit. What the *** Sears tech claimed was sulfur was the leaked refrigerant and oil that had been blown all over the condenser. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS.

I have called them 3 times and and all they can say is sulfur.They get quiet when I ask about an airborne test DONT BUY SEARS.

Comments

Sears has not stood behind their product to this day

Sears has not stood behind their product to this day

I have had a similar problem with the AC warranty with Sears, dragging on for nearly 3 months, and they continue to promise that they will fix it.But when the appointment time comes, they call and cancel my appointment and make me another appointment 2-3 weeks later.

But then when the time comes they call and cancel and give me another reason for the cancellation. I contacted their headquarter, and they careless as well. Next time I buy warranty on my appliances and AC I am going to someone else, such as SquareTrade.com. The SquareTrade people have earned 9.6 stars out of 10 from 160 customers.

Sear has earned less than 1, simply because I cant give them a zero.:upset :eek

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Alz5280:

We are truly sorry for the manner in which your air conditioner repair appointment was handled. We certainly understand your frustration and disappointment with the technician first ordering parts to repair your air conditioner then returning to your home when the parts were in. He then stated that the air conditioner was damaged by sulfur and is not something covered under your warranty. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help resolve this issue for you. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience, please contact our office at SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the air conditioner was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (alz5280) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Antwerp, Ohio, United States #1203220

I just had a repair man come for 3 minutes open the front cover of my A/C unit ask me if I have a well (I said yes) He asked if I had sulfur in it (I said I have a sulfur filter) he then walked out (with a suspiciously odd hurriedness) and said "the warranty doesn't cover it and there is nothing I can do for you". The unit is only 2 years old (and under 5 year warranty) and incidentally I have highly sensitive electronics in my home that have lasted for 11 years (since I bought the house) and other appliances that are still working fine. This sounds like a scam and I hope Sears will contact me to honor their commitment please?