1.2
Ease of Use

Bought a shop fox lathe online from sears.Came in much later than expected and when setting the unit up it was found defective.

It kept tripping the outlet breaker on my home. I loosened the belt and was still an issue, I actually removed the belt from the motor and yet it still tripped the breaker. After repeated calls and trying to ship back the defective unit since I could not take back to Sears I finally contacted someone for shipping and an RMA. Two weeks had passed and I get an email for all of the funds refunded less over 100 dollars.

I contacted sears and the first rep said he could not help and transferred me but only to be hung up on. I called back explained the situation to another rep and she said she would open a case and it would be taken care of. A few days pass and I get the following email. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We contacted our Seller and found that the item that was returned was working as expected as our Seller had that item inspected by the technician. A restocking fee of 20% is applied and a return shipping fee of $45.73 is applied on the returned iten and the refund is processed as per our Seller's return policy. If you have any discrepancies, you may contact our Seller for more information on the return policies. This is a blatant fabrication as the unit was defective on so many levels.

Because of this Sears has lost any and all business from me or my family. YOU DO NOT WANT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS THEY WILL AVOID DODGE OR IGNORE YOU AND NOT MAKE OT RIGHT.

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT.BUYERS BEWARE

Review about: Woodstock International Lathe.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Abaum
Oxford, Alabama, United States #1315335

Oh btw this was Maxtool that was the supplier for the product just an FYI.

What a hassle. Out the money and still no tool.

The ones I checked all run on single phase whether 110 or 220.

!00% sure you have the proper electrical setup ?

Abaum
to Smitty Oxford, Alabama, United States #1315333

Yes verified single phase 15 A 110v just as stated in manual used multiple outlets was not working but somehow the "technician" at the storage facility got it to work. I just don't buy it.