I purchased a dryer Sep 09 whirpool dryer, since then it would run without heating 3 times, last time was after the 1 year, each time I would request service I would wait 1 week for someone to come and fix it, when I called customer service third time they transferred me to resolution center, gentlemen answered and told me to have technician write a report and call us,since i am out of the manufacturer warrantee Sears would reimburseme with $500 that I can use to buy a new one, technician came wrote a report that dryer is defective, burns fuses for unkoun reason. When I called resolution center, " Grace denied my request, insisted that it is not under warantee anymore, when explained to her that I am just doing what the person I talked to before asking me to do she still refsed to listen, I told her that since you are not providing me with any solution I told her I will just take the dryer to Sears and tell them that you sold me a defective machine, Grace answered that I will call the Police and say that " you are making a terrorist threat". Grace only said that due to my middle eastern accent, I felt terrible, not only Sears has the worst customer service, they lie to customers, when I am asking for my right, I am accused of making terrorist threats, shame on you!!!!

Comments

#220934

Purchased a Gazebo assembled 60 days ago returned 3 days before the customer satisfaction guarantee ended December 11, 2010 and Sears refuses to provide store credit or refund on Gazebo that bent in 20 mph winds.Have purchased 4 mowers, 2 refrigerators and washer and dryer over the years.

Won't be in the future.

The edger and mower that was gonna buy will be going elsewhere.Good bye Sears.

#205041

Dear Cooldds,

Please accept my apology for my tardy response to your post here; I just came across it. I'm terribly sorry for the frustration and inconvenience you've endured with your Whirlpool dryer. I know it's especially irritating considering your dryer failed after just a year. I'm also concerned and very sorry for the treatment you received over the phone by one of our customer care agents. Sears has always stood for the highest quality products and customer service and in this case, we've clearly let you down. I'm Scott with the Sears Social Media Support Team; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Cooldds) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Social Media Support Team

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #203297

Your right about Sears/Kmart/ A+E Factory customer service, most of are paid minimum wage and have very little training if any at all. Sears sold you the dryer, the warrantee was out. Your complaint should be with the manuafactuer Whilpool not Sears.Email Whirpool with your complaint and if they dont help you take it to your states attorney Generals office with a complaint against whirpool.