With Company response Not resolved

I bought a dishwasher on sale at Sears.com last Friday November 23rd 2012 (Black Friday). My order was confirmed but after a few days (we are now November 29) I was surprised that Sears didn't contact me regarding the installation of the dishwasher. I go online to check my order and discover that it was cancelled WITHOUT NOTICE on November 26, 2012. I immediately call Sears customer service to understand why my order has been cancelled, how they can help me get a similar product for a similar price, and recoup my $500 gift certificate that I used. The lady tells me my order has been cancelled because it is out of stock. Yet my order had been confirmed on Friday and - ironically - she tells me that I can by the same product for $200 more if I wish to. So I guess they do have it in stock?? She later points me to the terms and conditions of the website - pages long - without refering me to any specific clause, despite my asking. She ignores my request to get a discount on the same product or another product, or a price adjustment, or any suggestion their customer service would have to compensate me for this unilateral unwarned cancellation. The women persists in refusing to provide me with any form of compensation for the damage I incurred: basically lost the opportunity to buy a dishwasher on sale (all sales are over by now and they never gave me a headsup so I could get an alternate product while sales were going on), have to now buy the dishwasher for almost double the price, and no help in getting my money back from my gift certificate.

I do almost exclusively all my shopping online and screw ups happen once in a while. But i have never had a vendor respond so poorly to inavailability of a product (which by the way, I insist, the product is actually still available on Sears website!!) or offer zero compensation for the damage caused (I now have to buy a similar dishwasher for at least $200 more). This is the worst service ever!! I still hope that I can at least recover my $500 one day (and unfortunately have to spend it with Sears or one of their affiliated brands since it came through a gift certificate).

Very very very disappointing.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Disappointedwithsears,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the mix up with the purchase of your dishwasher. I understand how disappointing this must have been to discover the cancellation of the order of your dishwasher. Please know we are truly dismayed to learn of the poor service you received while trying to get help with your order. We are perplexed as to what could have happened and would like to look into this for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (disappointedwithsears) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.