With Company response

Bought a washing machine for new apt to be delivered on moving day. Apartment wasn't ready on moving day so couldn't take delivery; called Sears. Efforts to cancel delivery were stonewalled. Things got so bad my daughter was on the phone trying to cancel, I was on internet and phone trying to cancel, all 3 efforts given different information. Hours after delivery time I discovered they had canceled my entire order -- washing machine and delivery.

After days of being told I'd get credit for machine but not delivery charge, Sears backtracked and claimed they couldn't credit my 'type' of debit card, would credit for delivery charge and told me they'd sent a check (without informing check had been cut). Waited 10 days, called after not receiving check, requested they try crediting debit card again. Check arrived, I tried to cash it -- GOT CHARGED $15 FROM BANK SINCE SEARS PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON IT WITHOUT INFORMING ME OF STOP. 2 more weeks of calls got me promises from Sears to 'look into it' and 'get back to me.' Now I'm told there is a 1) check in the mail for total charge including delivery 2) 10% discount on next purchase 3) $15 gift certificate to cover bank charge. This is the best I'm going to get from Sears.

I'll give them an A+ in three areas: empty apologies, empty promises and successful hangups from call center employees with undecipherable accents.

Sears Response

Mr. Kennedy,

I'm sorry that one of our store associates mistakenly overcharged your card. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager who can assist in making sure this situation is resolved to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (TYLER KENNEDY) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Brian H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

I Purchased 4 tires from sears.I wanted to pay $600 on my debit card and pay the remaining amount of $567 on my sears card.

The clerk Put the total charge of $1100 on my debit card and said "OOPS". I asked him "OOPS"? he said yeah it all went on your debit card. I told him to cancel the charge and he said that it had been canceled.

So he ran my card again and charged $600 to it and $567 to my sears card. Figuring that was taken care of the next day I checked my account ballance and it was 1100 dollars less than it should have been. They billed me twice for my purchase. I contacted every manager and customer service person that I could find.

I got the run around from all of them and transfered 20 times. I have not seen any refund yet. I am supposed to be hearing from the district magager for my area with in "48 business hours". We will see what he has to say.

I will be paying off my sears card and canceling the card as soon as i get my credit. I highly reccomend every other sears card holder do the same!!

save your self the trouble!I would not wish this companys poor customer service upon my worst enemy.