Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 20, 2021

No one has responded to any comments on their websites because the lawsuit has been settled. Unfortunately, all of us that are still being affected I think are at a loss.

If anyone knows of something else we can do please comment. The sad part is they are still selling these same refrigerators and so many more people they don’t know they are literal lemons are going affected. Something has to be done but I’m just not sure what. I’ve been searching the internet and there are so many more sites like this one where people are leaving the same comments with no response.

I’ve seen them on Sears, LG, Kenmore and other sites of pissed off consumers. But it seems only consumers like myself are reading them. No response from the disgusting individuals causing and manufacturing these machines. They are hiding behind these third party companies they hire to deal with us who are taught to just be robots and have the same response and no sympathy for what we are going through.

All in hopes that we get frustrated and go away!!! I just wish that someone will be affected that has a enough knowledge and resources to do something for all of us!

Even the repairman I had said he feels so bad and to go to social media and spread the word because they don’t like bad press. I just don’t feel like it’s working.

Original review posted by user Apr 20, 2021

Im literally weak Im so sick from what Ive been dealing with. I bought my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator back in June of 2017.

6 months later it started to have cooling issues. I had a repairman here yearly since patching the issue. December 2020 he replaced the compressor only to have same issue 3 days after the 90 day warranty. I called Sears and first representative was so rude and hung up.

The next person said they needed to send another repairman out to diagnose to the tune of $189. The same repairman has dealt with this issue for the past 3 years and said he could patch it again for $800 in labor costs but couldnt guarantee it would solve it. He then informed me of a class action suit that was ongoing because of the same issue. I have a family of 5 and because of covid my husband has lost jobs so I had to figure out what to do.

The repairman came back today and didnt charge me and said at this point its not repairable. I called Sears, Kenmore and anyone I could today with no luck. Basically, Sears said it is now my problem, I needed to purchase a new one!!! That they were sorry for the inconvenience!!!!

What????!!! I called the attorneys that have the class action suit and they said to file claim but case was closed on 2/5/2021!!! Ughhhh!!! I think it needs to be reopened.

The repairman said he patches 3 a day and feels awful and doesnt know how Sears is still in business!!! Help!!! The cost to my family has been such a burden.

Is this the world we now live in??? So so sad Sad

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Pros: Sears steals money from their customers.

Sears Cons: Inept out of country service reps answering the phone, Replacement on pa agreement is horrible, Poor appliances, No one will help.

Comments