Hinsdale, Massachusetts

On 4/26/15 I was offered Sears warranty over the phone. The representative explained to I am responsible for one-time $39.99 charge and then for $60.00 deductible for each appliance I would need to repair. The agreement would be in effect within 30 days with exception for one appliance, in this case my washer machine that can be repaired right away. I was promised that I will receive Membership Kit within 7-10 business days, and that paperwork would provide all the details.

Membership Kit was never received. On 5/29/15 I found out that my Visa credit card was charged on 5/26/15 for $ 39.99. I was not aware about nature of that charge, and called Sears home warranty department and spoke with Rose Mary. She informed me for the first time about so-called grace period that was expired on 5/25/15, and now, she said, she cannot cancel my membership without me paying the full price for repair of my Maytag washer machine (> $600) The exact cost of repairs, labor, parts and delivers, remained unknown to me. However, I am sure that it exceeded cost of new machine (Maytag price is $449 includes installation and delivery from Home Depot as of 01/1/15 –see below)

Therefore, we believe that:

1. Sears home warranty representative failed to provide to me necessary information that would enable me to make informed decision to purchase that warranty package

2. I have never received a package with promised information

3. I was not informed about grace period (expired 05/25/2015)

4. The entire process of selling warranty over the phone, holding a buyer responsible for payments that were never disclosed and never agreed upon, making repairs that are much more expensive that buying a new machine – all of these actions seem unlawful, unfair, compromising integrity of Sears as institution

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $476. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about home warranty from Sears was unlawful and unfair Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

Ron91011

The SAME thing happened to me. We need to start a class action lawsuit against them.