1.8

I called Sears on Monday to request repair on a Kenmore refrigerator (small ¼” water line leak). The Sears service technician arrived on Tuesday and requested to borrow a flashlight so he could look at the problem (I would think a technician would have a flashlight). He took a cursory look at the refrigerator and then stated “I can’t fix this unit, parts are no longer available and it sounds like your compressor is also going out…that will be $95 for the service call”. He never even attempted to repair the water line leak before collecting his service fee and leaving.

After my wife informed me that Sears could not repair the unit I called Calvin’s Maintenance in Baton Rouge and their repairman was at the house within one hour. It took Calvin’s Maintenance approximately 15 minutes to change 3 feet of standard water line and the repair was done (the old line was split). Calvin’s Maintenance also stated that the compressor was fully operational with no problems found. The refrigerator has been operating fine ever since.

I am now disputing the charges that Sears billed me for no service rendered and I would expect a full refund. The Sears repairman that showed up was either incompetent, unwilling or not knowledgeable enough to perform a simple water line repair. Had he attempted the repair and failed I would have been ok with the service charge however he did neither and I ultimately had to pay twice for the same repair.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $95. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about kenmore refrigerator at Sears was poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments