With Company response

On August 8, 2013 I was scheduled for a service call to repair my Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53413. The service technician called me before his arrival and asked what model opener I had. I gave him the above Model number and he told me that Sears no longer stocked parts for this opener and that I needed a new one. He said that he would have the local Sears Garage Door office call me to schedule a replacement. Today, the service technician came to my home and installed a new garage door opener for a total price of $364.00

In talking to the service technician he told me that more than likely the plastic gears in the opener was bad. I opened the old garage door opener and he confirmed that yes the gear did need to be replaced, and that then the unit would have worked well with a new gear. The technician also told me he had a new gear assembly with him, but could not install it since his job was to replace the door. I went ahead and had him replace the door opener.

Now here is my question. Why did I need to spend $360 dollars when I am sure the service call would have been well under $180, half the cost? Can you tell me why and for what reason the service technician decided not to service my unit, when parts were available? The new opener is nice, but I would have been happy with my present opener.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your refrigerator delivery. We can truly understand your frustrations with what has occurred. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and help any way we can. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous440438), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R