With Company response Not resolved

We purchased a service agreement for our GE range.It took a week for them to just come and look at it, then they had to order a part and said they couldn't come back for another 3 weeks.

I waited the 3 weeks and they were supposed to come between 1pm and 5pm on Nov. 3rd, I got an automated call at 3:30pm saying that I should call Sears. I called Sears and they said they have to cancel my appointment and their next available appointment was 4 weeks away!!! First, they don't even have the decency to have an actual person call me and then they expect me to wait another 4 weeks, that means I would be without an oven for 2 months because of their slow service.

I was furious and demanded a refund, they said they would refund $125 of the $260 I paid.

I wouldn't accept that so they said they would have someone out here to fix it on Nov. 12th (we'll see if they actually show up, my hopes are not high) but they had already refunded me the $125 so now they had to charge me another $125. The second charge came out of my bank account immediately but I have yet to see the refund.

I am appalled at the way Sears treats their customers.

We are a military family on a tight budget and Sears has taken our money without providing us with a service.

I will never, ever, ever shop at Sears again.I would rather pay 10x more at another store than to put up with Sears horrible service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Pickapurse,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. Please accept our apologies for the trouble you ran into with the appointment for you range. We certainly understand it important to have a properly working range within the home and are very sorry for any inconvenience you’ve encountered due to the rescheduling. I would like a member of our team to follow up with you to learn more of your situation and find a way to be of assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (pickapurse) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.