Bought a 60 inch LCD made by Sharp in September of 2013. It developed a defect within 30 days.

Called Sears and they advised that we had to contact SHARP. Contacted SHARP and they did some troubleshooting and made a new case file. That was the last that we heard from them. Ended up taking it back and exchanging it for another one of the same make and model.

Sears tried to put an extended warranty on the sale. They said that they wanted to apply the cash rewards to the warranty. We declined the warranty and they advised that they points would post to the account. The points never posted.

We called customer service for shop your way and they have no record of the transaction! We have the receipts. The dates dont match. They only show the return of the defective set.

Nothing on the new one. IT appears that Sears retail pulled a fast one on their end to not award the points.

Customer service said we have to take this up with the store.

Comments

I have been trying for a month to use my points at Sears but no one can tell me how much i have in points or how to use them.

eyecue_two
Denver, Colorado, United States #752235

So it turns out that the store could not balance their register when they had shown the sale of the new television as opposed to an exchange. They had to cancel the whole transaction and void it and make a new one.

This happened the next day so the points are there, they just dont show as linked to the original transaction.

Also the receipt that we have is not linked to anything.

New York City, New York, United States #737130

What the *** is Reward Points????????? Thats the biggest bull I ever heard.