With Company response

On Black Friday, my wife purchased a Sears 179cc 24" Snow Thrower,Model number 247.881720, in Metallic Gray. The first problem came when it was taken from it's crate, and we saw that the control panel was dented.

There was no damage at all to the box, so it had obviously been shipped in it's damaged condition. We immediately called the Sears Warranty Division (we also spent money on the extended warranty), advised them of what happened and what part needed to be replaced. This brought on Problem #2. We called them in November, and were advised that a repairman would be available On JANUARY 2nd!!

6 WEEKS before a service man could come and repair the control panel! He dutifully arrived on January 2nd and advised us that indeed, there was damage and he would then ORDER the part. Yes, 6 weeks to wait to have a repairman show up to do nothing more than say yup, it's damaged alright, let me order it for you. We told the Warranty Division exactly what part needed to be ordered, they show up 6 weeks later, to tel us what we had already told them.

He said the parts would be shipped to us and the appointment was then set for Jan 23, another 3 weeks. Well, the sticker for the control panel arrived, then the control panel came. Wrong color. My machine is Metallic Gray, they shipped Red.

I immediately called to notify them of the error.

This brought on the beginnings of problem number 3, Sears Customer Service. The first guy was more apt to throwing a drowning man an anchor as opposed to saving him. I advised him of the color snafu, he then asked me what color gray I needed. Up until this point, I did NOT know there was a color choice, but this *** didn't bother to even try to help me figure out the color I needed.

When I asked him how I was supposed to know what color gray when he had no suggestions and the website did NOT offer an answer to the question, all he would say is "I don't know." So, I thoroughly cussed him out for his incompetence and ended that call. I called back later and spoke with a woman who seemed genuinely interested in resolving the problem. We learned that this particular snow thrower is available in Red, Light Gray, Metallic Gray, Dark Gray, and Black. I told her, with no doubt in my mind that I was in need of Metallic Gray.

She assured me the part would be shipped and here by the time the repairman arrives. Problem #4 arrived an hour later, but I didn't know there was a problem til the next day when I was able to return her call. It seems, that in their infinite wisdom, the Snow Thrower is available in 5 different colors. For some idiotic reason, the replacement parts only come in Red and Black.

Dear Sears, it's an outdoor machine. It's going to get chipped for any number of reasons.

You offer the machine in 5 different colors, but only offer replacement parts in 2??? Could you please explain to me that bit of idiocy?

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty you are experiencing ordering the correct color part for your snow thrower. We can understand your frustration with receiving the incorrect part after waiting 9 weeks for a technician to come diagnosis your issue and to receive the needed part. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation and offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager to help resolve this situation. Please send the following information – contact number, screen name (375663), phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.