I ordered a toolbox online on behalf of my mother for my dad's birthday (she is afraid of doing online orders on her own). The estimated delivery timeline was 6-8 weeks.

Since he really wanted the toolbox, my mother accepted the timeframe. I ordered the toolbox from the Sears.com website and my mother's debit card was charged the $300+ for the toolbox and she received a confirmation e-mail that the toolbox would ship in 6-8 weeks. Fast forward 8 weeks and still no information from Sears regarding when the toolbox is expected to ship. After speaking with 2 different customer service agents who were completely unable to find out what happened to the order, my mother received an e-mail stating a date the toolbox would arrive in-store, which was a month prior to the date of correspondence.

We waited another few days and called again to find out where the toolbox was. They still couldn't find out what happened to our order and we decided to cancel it because the customer service agent had no idea when, or if, the toolbox would ever ship. After being assured that we would not incurr a fee for cancelling a special order, I was told that a refund would be issued in 3-5 business days.

The refund never happened and my mother actually had to open a dispute with her bank and it was the bank that issued her the refund 8 business days after the latest possible date that Sears said her account would be refunded. Don't advertise something that you don't ever plan on selling and then keep the customer's money while they wait for a product that will never come.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 08, 2011.

Comments