I ordered the Whirlpool Duet dryer and matching washing machine and love them both, they are really nice machines. I am totally dissatisfied with Sears and their customer service.

When they were delivered there was a huge chip in the paint of the washer and some large scratches in the dryer. It took almost a month from the time of purchase to the time of delivery and the time frame for delivery was from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.! They arrived at about 3 p.m.

so, I lost an entire day of work due to this. When dealing with customer service I was initially offered a 5% refund on an order of $3600 and a subsequent offer of replacement. We opted for replacement and two days later we were told that the item was no longer in stock and I could either have the item refunded and picked up or choose a lesser model. When I contacted their 1-800 customer service number they told me that I could also call Whirlpool to have them send me a replacement when Sears could not even tell me when or if they would have them in stock again, not sure how I would be able to get Whirlpool to tell me when they cannot even tell a retailer.

After several phone calls, multiple emails, and chat sessions we were eventually offered 10% off of each item individually and nothing on the delivery or haulaway charge.

My advice to whomever reads this is to save your time and money and just go to Lowes or Home Depot, their customer service far superior and for those of us in the Military they offer a discount. Thank you Sears for giving my business to Lowes and Home Depot they appreciate my business and when there is an issue they really do work to keep your business, I will not make this mistake again!

Comments