1K views
With Company response

Customer Service from ***

Sears customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. On Dec. 28, 2011, I ordered some slippers on Sears.com. The order was confirmed immediately and $26.52 was deducted from a gift card I used for the purchase. Within minutes the ordered was cancelled by Sears without any reason given. Upon calling Sears Customer Care, I learned that the items I ordered were out-of-stock and I that would receive a new gift card within five days to reimburse me for the amount deducted from my original gift card used in this purchase. Having not received the new gift card after seven days, I called again and was told I should be getting it soon. Five more days passed and still no new gift card. I called again and was told to wait another five more days. Eight more days passed and still no new gift card. I called again on Jan 17, 2012 and was told no one initiated a request to process a reimbursement for me. On Jan 18, 2012, I received an email advising me that $26.52 has been reloaded to my original gift card. (Good thing I asked to keep the now zero-balance original gift card after using it at local Sears retail store.) I had to wait 21 days and spend approximately 3 hours (four calls) on the phone to get back the wrongful charges against my gift card.

The above is nothing compared to what happens next. I still wanted the above slippers and checked on-line to see if Sears was still advertising these items. Sure enough Sears had them displayed on-line, but at a higher price. I called Sears Customer Care on Jan 18, 2012 about the price difference and was told that I can order the slipper at the new price and then call them immediately to get a price adjustment. I followed their advice, immediately made the order, called them, and received a price adjustment credited to my credit card, but didn't get back the taxes related to the price adjustment. To make matters worst, within minutes of my conversation with Sears on the price adjustment, my order was confirmed, $26.52 deducted from my gift card, the balance charged to my credit card, and the order cancelled by Sears without any reason given. Like above, it took me forever to get my money back. I had to wait 34 days and spend approximately 6 hours (eight calls) on the phone to get back the wrongful charges against my gift card and to get back the wrongful tax charges. I received an email advising me that $26.52 had been reloaded to my original gift card on Feb 21, 2012. A credit to my credit card for the taxes also appeared on the same date.

I have been a faithful customer of Sears all of my adult life covering approximately 40 plus years. All of my major appliance are from Sears including three refrigerator, two dish washers, three ranges, and a large flat screen television set. I have had Sears do the wall-to-wall carpeting in my entire home. I have purchased thousands of dollars of Craftsman tools and clothing from Sears. I used Sears Auto Center for all of my auto needs. But, after the above experience with Sears, I no longer see any future relationships with Sears. Once I use up whatever is left on my reloaded gift card I will shop at establishments that truly believe in Customer Care.

Comments

paris007

Report them to the ftc, I'm dealing with the same issue, as are others.

Sears, kmart, lands end are owned by jewish owner Richard Warren Sears.The company is trying to recoup some monies from its struggling business by establishing an standard business practice of holding refund monies due to customers for at least one billing cycle of bank and earn interest monies, to add asset to the company's fund.

In short, if you are sure that your purchase will be problem-free: 1) won't break up within return period, 2) company will deliver correct item ordered, 3) item won't arrive damaged, 4) item will arrive in complete form without missing parts, 5) you won't refund, 6) you have time to spend days and hours of endless conversation with literally non-customer service, 7) you are rich to just let them keep your monies, then go ahead and shop from them.Otherwise, listen to what I and others learned painfully.

I relate to all of the above.I've been locked in a battle with Sears for the last couple of days trying to get an order of almost $1000 refunded.

I was charged immediately (as always happens), for a treadmill. Two days before scheduled delivery, Sears phoned to tell me it would be delayed by a month. As I would be out of the country and wanted the treadmill sooner than they could deliver, I asked them to cancel and the rep agreed. An hour later, another rep phoned to confirm the delivery (with the original date).

I mentioned the call I'd just had, and when she checked the computer saw that the first rep hadn't cancelled the order as she said she'd done - but had confirmed the rescheduled date (when I would be out of the country!). She redirected me to another number, where I tried speaking with two more people to cancel the order, both of whom confirmed it was done. Two days later, the online status still says "Item ordered" and pending, the charges are still on my credit card, and I've had another call trying to confirm delivery. I've had to file a Better Business Bureau complaint, and as soon as of tomorrow will be filing a complaint with my credit card company.

Seriously.

How many people does it take to cancel an order - or is Sears trying to commit fraud?:(

Sears just don't care.Per Brian's request via the above response to my posting, I provided my contact information with the hopes of talking to someone from Sears who actually cares that their customers have a good and satisfying shopping experience.

Will its been over three weeks since I provided the requested information and nothing has come of it, not an email, a phone call, or a letter from either Brian or Sears to discuss my shopping experience further.What this demonstrates is that at least Sears is consistent, consistent in providing the worst customer experience possible.

to Anonymous #575598

I am going through a similar experience with Sears.com.I ordered, was charged and the transaction completed and received an email the next day stating my order had been canceled.

I had to call to find out they were out of sock.

Neither the store nor Sears.com would honor the sale originally promised the next day but i could purchase the same TV at the new listed price.Sears apparently doesn't want my business or business with anyone.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. I certainly understand that your time is valuable, and that spending almost 10 hours on the phone trying to correct mistakes on our online order is unacceptable. It seems that the mistakes have been corrected, but we would like to still follow up with you about the situation in general. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the online order was under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition please include the screen name that I have assigned you (299892) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response #1336641

Same here: ordered a microwave from sears.com to deliver to an outlet to pick up, it was late, I call and get, "oops, it won't be there for another 2 weeks." I cancel, 3 weeks later and 6 hours of calls to different people, and I still don't have my refund. Sears.com keeps saying "call the outlet store to cancel," and the stores (I've called 2 now) keep saying "We can't do anything about that, call the 800 number"

Could this astonishingly bad financial theft be why the chain is going out of business?

And how do I report this to BBB or some watchdog?