Total Incompetency

I ordered a pair of “Diehard” shoes from Sears today via their website. As a “Shop Your Way” member, the site noted that I could order the shoes and have them waiting for me to try on when I arrived at the store. I was instructed to go to a section in the Women’s Department when I arrived at the store. I received an email advising me that my order was ready to be tried on. I drove the seven miles to the store. The shoes listed for $65.00 retail and were on sale for $9.88. I figured that was a pretty good deal. It turns out it was too good to be true!

I arrived at the store and went to the designated area to try on my shoes. The area where my shoes were supposed to be was completely empty – nothing there. I was able to find a salesperson who appeared to have no idea that Sears even offered the “try” service. She was nice enough to call someone from the Shoe Department who came over to help. That salesperson led me back to the Shoe Department where I located the last pair in my size still on the shelf. Luckily someone else didn’t buy them off the shelf before I got there. I went to pay for the shoes and the clerk told me that they were $35.00, not $9.88 as was displayed on Sears’ website when I purchased them via the internet. I showed her the barcode on my email that contained my order. Unfortunately, her scanner “did not seem to read” the barcode. After wasting over twenty minutes, I left the store and returned home.

I found a “screen shot” of the order I placed clearly stating $9.88 and immediately called the Store Manager, a Mr. Amado. I told him of the horrible experience and waste of time. He told me he would look into it and call me back. He called me back about 15 minutes later to basically tell me that there was nothing he could do about it, he could only sell me the shoes for the $35.00, not $9.88.

I told him that I wanted to go back to the store to show him my emails and the “screen shot” of my order. I drove the seven miles back to the store and showed him the emails and “screen shot”. His answer was simply that he could not honor the price and that I would have to deal with the “internet department”.

I left the store and called Sears Customer Service. I spoke with Fernando, who told me he was a Supervisor. I told him my story. He did not seem impressed or moved by what I told him. He said that he was the highest level that I could speak with. He was totally worthless to deal with and most uncaring.

I have since emailed the Sears Holding corporate officers and I will update you as to their response.

My experience with Sears today showed me two of the most uncaring and incompetent (in my opinion) employees that I have dealt with in over fifty (50) years of shopping at Sears. Neither one demonstrated even one ounce of common sense (in my opinion).

It is so sad to see what has happened to a once great company.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Delivery experience, Service.

Comments