Update added by user Nov 08, 2015
I was contacted by sears customer service and they had my junk refrigerator picked up and refunded within a week.
Original review posted by user Oct 18, 2015
I purchased a floor model Samsung Refrigerator on 3/26/15 from the sears outlet store in Minneapolis MN. The problems started when the cashier forgot to *** an additional 5% for using my Sears card for payment. The store manager Jim R. tried to correct the problem but could not figure out how to. He assured me he would take care of it the next day. I had to dispute the credit card /charge in order to get the 5% discount taken care of. This was a huge hassle. I started having issues in April with the refrigerator not cooling. I tried unplugging the fridge and resetting it to no avail. I ended up getting 40 pounds of ice and putting every thing in coolers. I called sears service and Samsung and they gave me the run around with things to try to make the fridge work. The following morning the fridge decided it was going to start working again. I had made an appointment with the sears service people to come and fix the fridge at no charge. When the tech arrived a few days later the fridge was working, go figure. The tech opened the door and said " looks like it working". He then proceeded to tell me that his company does not stock any parts or diagnostic tools for Samsung fridges. Why the *** did they even bother coming out? A few months later they tried sending me a bill for this awesome service call. Nice try! After this service call I contacted Jim R. (Store Manager) about returning the fridge. This guy is king of excuses. I have records of every phone call I made to him regarding the return of this fridge, countless times he promised to call me back with a resolution. Not once did I ever get a call from this useless ***. Every single call was originated by me. I think he wants me to just go away? It is now October 2015 and this fridge continues to stop cooling randomly. I try everything under the sun to make it work. It eventually starts cooling again when it feels like it. This is completely unacceptable!
According to the "Customer Solutions Commitment" that I signed when I purchased this appliance under the "Return Policy" it states " We will be happy to accept your "In Warranty" returned product after a Product Repair Technician has determined the product is not repairable.
If your tech comes out and can not fix the fridge take it back! It is really that simple. I have documented exactly what the symptoms were when the fridge failed and the tech did nothing. Replace something, I don't care if your just throwing parts at it. Do SOMETHING! I have been stuck with this fridge for 7 months now because Jim R. is about as useless as they come when it comes to customer service.
Save your self the agony and avoid this store at all costs! I would gladly pay full price for a product before dealing with crooks like Jim R. at the Minneapolis MN Sears Outlet Store.
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Jim r
- Junk products
- Junk service
- Being ignored
- Reason of review:
- will not refund
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Rf23Hcedbww Aa French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Nevermore sears buy products in customer care is abysmal not solve problems, can not change a product purchased in the store if you do not have the bill. Radio is..."
- "Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer â€“ Poor Service and lack of Ownership! We purchased an Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer from our local Sear store in 2006. At the time of..."
- "My wife and I decided to remodel our kitchen in the fall and winter of 2006-07. She purchased all new stainless steel appliances including a Sears Kenmore Pro double..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "I had frequent issues with curbside waste for incorrect billing. I was never able to set up automatic payments because the monthly total was always wrong. They missed our pickup..."
- "I am so pissed off about the different ways you have given us less toilet paper, and charge us more money. I thought I should just run down to Sears and..."
- "My kids love this go gurt I buy it all the time. This particular box had all the yogurts stuck together it obviously was a package problem anyway i..."