Update added by user Nov 08, 2015
I was contacted by sears customer service and they had my junk refrigerator picked up and refunded within a week.
Original review posted by user Oct 18, 2015
I purchased a floor model Samsung Refrigerator on 3/26/15 from the sears outlet store in Minneapolis MN. The problems started when the cashier forgot to *** an additional 5% for using my Sears card for payment. The store manager Jim R. tried to correct the problem but could not figure out how to. He assured me he would take care of it the next day. I had to dispute the credit card /charge in order to get the 5% discount taken care of. This was a huge hassle. I started having issues in April with the refrigerator not cooling. I tried unplugging the fridge and resetting it to no avail. I ended up getting 40 pounds of ice and putting every thing in coolers. I called sears service and Samsung and they gave me the run around with things to try to make the fridge work. The following morning the fridge decided it was going to start working again. I had made an appointment with the sears service people to come and fix the fridge at no charge. When the tech arrived a few days later the fridge was working, go figure. The tech opened the door and said " looks like it working". He then proceeded to tell me that his company does not stock any parts or diagnostic tools for Samsung fridges. Why the *** did they even bother coming out? A few months later they tried sending me a bill for this awesome service call. Nice try! After this service call I contacted Jim R. (Store Manager) about returning the fridge. This guy is king of excuses. I have records of every phone call I made to him regarding the return of this fridge, countless times he promised to call me back with a resolution. Not once did I ever get a call from this useless ***. Every single call was originated by me. I think he wants me to just go away? It is now October 2015 and this fridge continues to stop cooling randomly. I try everything under the sun to make it work. It eventually starts cooling again when it feels like it. This is completely unacceptable!
According to the "Customer Solutions Commitment" that I signed when I purchased this appliance under the "Return Policy" it states " We will be happy to accept your "In Warranty" returned product after a Product Repair Technician has determined the product is not repairable.
If your tech comes out and can not fix the fridge take it back! It is really that simple. I have documented exactly what the symptoms were when the fridge failed and the tech did nothing. Replace something, I don't care if your just throwing parts at it. Do SOMETHING! I have been stuck with this fridge for 7 months now because Jim R. is about as useless as they come when it comes to customer service.
Save your self the agony and avoid this store at all costs! I would gladly pay full price for a product before dealing with crooks like Jim R. at the Minneapolis MN Sears Outlet Store.
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Jim r
- Junk products
- Junk service
- Being ignored
- Reason of review:
- will not refund
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Rf23Hcedbww Aa French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011. The model is 665.13742K603. After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites..."
- "Received an email from craftsman club on thursday reminding me that their sale ended saturday 4/13. The sale started on 4/7. I opened the email and clicked the link..."
- "I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a..."
- "I ordered a text book from them. A math book that was supposed to come with an online access code (you pay extra for that). They took a..."
- "I really like this TV. I have owned it for bout 1 year now. The thing was an impulse buy when my Samsung died on me. Didn't know what to..."
- "Delivered TWO TV's damaged, their delivery people tried to hide the damage the first time, It took longer than it needed to receive the 2nd TV, when I did, it..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."