Sears - Terrible Customer Service. Avoid at all costs!

Update added by user Nov 08, 2015

I was contacted by sears customer service and they had my junk refrigerator picked up and refunded within a week.

Original review posted by user Oct 18, 2015

I purchased a floor model Samsung Refrigerator on 3/26/15 from the sears outlet store in Minneapolis MN. The problems started when the cashier forgot to *** an additional 5% for using my Sears card for payment. The store manager Jim R. tried to correct the problem but could not figure out how to. He assured me he would take care of it the next day. I had to dispute the credit card /charge in order to get the 5% discount taken care of. This was a huge hassle. I started having issues in April with the refrigerator not cooling. I tried unplugging the fridge and resetting it to no avail. I ended up getting 40 pounds of ice and putting every thing in coolers. I called sears service and Samsung and they gave me the run around with things to try to make the fridge work. The following morning the fridge decided it was going to start working again. I had made an appointment with the sears service people to come and fix the fridge at no charge. When the tech arrived a few days later the fridge was working, go figure. The tech opened the door and said " looks like it working". He then proceeded to tell me that his company does not stock any parts or diagnostic tools for Samsung fridges. Why the *** did they even bother coming out? A few months later they tried sending me a bill for this awesome service call. Nice try! After this service call I contacted Jim R. (Store Manager) about returning the fridge. This guy is king of excuses. I have records of every phone call I made to him regarding the return of this fridge, countless times he promised to call me back with a resolution. Not once did I ever get a call from this useless ***. Every single call was originated by me. I think he wants me to just go away? It is now October 2015 and this fridge continues to stop cooling randomly. I try everything under the sun to make it work. It eventually starts cooling again when it feels like it. This is completely unacceptable!

According to the "Customer Solutions Commitment" that I signed when I purchased this appliance under the "Return Policy" it states " We will be happy to accept your "In Warranty" returned product after a Product Repair Technician has determined the product is not repairable.

If your tech comes out and can not fix the fridge take it back! It is really that simple. I have documented exactly what the symptoms were when the fridge failed and the tech did nothing. Replace something, I don't care if your just throwing parts at it. Do SOMETHING! I have been stuck with this fridge for 7 months now because Jim R. is about as useless as they come when it comes to customer service.

Save your self the agony and avoid this store at all costs! I would gladly pay full price for a product before dealing with crooks like Jim R. at the Minneapolis MN Sears Outlet Store.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Samsung Rf23Hcedbww Aa French Door Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #719068 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 17 #1213916 B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona

Im going to comment as anonymous because I dont feel like setting up an account. I find it ironic that people go buy floor models, want the lowest possible price, and then are pissed if there is an issue. Ever think thats why it was there in the first place ? Im all for saving a buck, but what did the receipt say ? Returns accepted for 30days ? Dont *** because you were a cheap ***. You think Lowes or Home Depot would do the same thing ? Yes..yes they would.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about