Dale,Indiana

Paid $1,200 for stainless steel oven from Castleton Mall store in Indianapolis 1/27/2012 for delivery 2/21. On 2/20 Sears calls to say Frigidare has notified them they no longer make it in stainless--this after more than three weeks from purchase and the day before delivery.

Appliance dept. manager "in a meeting" and too busy to talk. Customer service no help at all. They say it will take 10 days for me to get a refund, meaning that I won't have the money to buy another oven from someone else until Sears pays me back.

After all their years in business, you'd think they would have learned something about customer service by now. But maybe they don't want to stay in business. I, for one, do not intend to ever buy from Sears again. I'm putting my house on the market and specifically need stainless steel.

I was clear about that at time of purchase. Now the whole process has been delayed for weeks because of Sears' gross incompetence.

They should coordinate with their vendors to make sure this never happens. But I bet they won't, because they don't care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 20, 2012.

Comments

Sequel: Turned out the Sears clerk entered the model number for another brand, another type of oven and at another price. She was very courteous and seemed trying to do her best.

However, her manager was too busy to see me, didn;t offer to call me, or make any other gesture.

I ended up getting the oven I wanted for less at HH Gregg, ironically from a former Sears appliance salesperson who couldn't stand to work there any more. I haven't been in a Sears store since and someone should smack me upside the head if I ever do again.