Verified Reviewer

Eight months ago, my refrigerator was leaking water from the freezer side, side by side fridge, onto our floor. After about 8 tech visits and replacing the ice maker and compressor parts, another tech said he needed to replace the door do to a poor engineering design.

The wiring for the ice maker is at the bottom of the door. Every time the door opens and closes, it pinches the wires which eventually creates a malfunction in making ice cubes. (BTW they still make and sell this model which I bought 6 years ago.)

The tech said the door's cost was $1222, and it was coming from China. But since I had a sears' protection plan, they might offer me a cash amount to buy a replacement fridge.

Well that didn't happen, so I waited 3 months for the door to arrive for our Stainless Steel refrigerator. Unfortunately they shipped a White door. So the tech said he'd order another door, but refused to pick up the White door that still sits in my garage.

So I sit here waiting for the replacement door that's expected to arrive in another month or so.

The Sears C/S staff are all very pleasant, but they have zero credibility since nothing much happens on what they promise will happen.

And every time they say they'll transfer me to someone to help me what they're really saying I'm being transferred to someone else who will lie to me. The fact is, even if your claim is 'escalated immediately', it really won't be.

In the meantime, we've shut off the water to the fridge and just buy ice and filtered water at the grocery store.

User's recommendation: Stop doing business with Sears if you can.

Sears Pros: I have been pleased with the kenmore products in the past.

Sears Cons: Repair service cancelled and rescheduled without my input, Absolutely no customer service, Ignorance lack of communication, Lack of training.

Location: 100 West Carson Street, Carson, CA 90745