Glen Carbon, Illinois
With Company response

We purchased a Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears, with a one-year warranty included. The washer stopped working.

We called Sears the next day. They said someone would be out 2 days later. No one came. We called again.

They said someone would be out 2 days later again. My wife was there when the man finally came to fix it, she said all he did was unplug it and plug it back in. It worked initially so he left. A few minutes after that it stopped working again.

My wife called the guy back and he said he couldn't come back out without Sears telling him to. My wife called Sears, they said they couldn't make a new appointment until he cleared the ticket. My wife called him back and he didn't answer and hasn't called her or I back after leaving voicemails several hours ago. I called Sears and they said we would have to call again the next day and make a new appointment but they don't know when they would be able to come out again.

We were at almost a week without the washer working and had gotten the run around from Sears and the man who was supposed to fix it the entire time. I will not be purchasing anything from Sears again.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous365487,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your washing machine and our service. We understand the importance of the washer and the role it plays in the family and being rescheduled continously is not something we want our customers to have to go through. We would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service order and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the washing machine was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Anonymous365487) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.

Purchased a TV from one store and returned to another location. They closed at 7:00 pm.

I got there at about 10 min, til. The lights were off, and they were about to leave but allowed me bring it in (I'm guessing because they knew they should still be open). Because everything was off (computers), they said they would do the credit the following day. It's 3 days later and still no credit.

I called yesterday and the manager never called me back. Today I called and he said he didn't do it because their sales were down and if he ran it through it would show a negative and this would alert management. I told him that's not my problem and it needed to be done! He said he would do it in a couple of hours.

When I asked for his manager's name and how to contact him, he would not disclose.

This is unacceptable for a big name company!