this was my last email sent to Sears:

Just for the record I went into a store and purchased nearly $5000 worth of kitchen appliances on Feb 18th for delivery on March 6th for a kitchen remodel. On March 3rd I received a audio recording saying there was a change to my delivery and for me to call a 1800 number to reschedule. Upon calling I was told NONE of the appliances were available for delivery. When I asked when they would be available as I was working with a contractor, she told me MAYBE the month of May!!! Mind you I didn't order anything exotic. She offered me no solutions in way of a substitute other than she was sorry. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me someone would call. Never received a call. I then called the store and was told they didn't have time to talk to me because they were "helping another customer and would have to call me back" I asked to speak to a manager at the store level and was told no one was there! So imagine my frustration.

I went to HomeDepot.com and ordered all new appliances and had them delivered in less than 48 hours! While it takes Sears nearly 3 months??? In this day and time when there is so much competition how does Sears stay in business? this was my first time shopping at a sears in over 5 years and I will wager I will never enter one again. I don't want anything from Sears but my complete refund of $4797 which was charged to my AMEX. I will be filing a charge dispute with AMEX if my card is not credited by Friday March 6th. 7-10 days is ridiculous for a refund but mind you so is waiting 3 months for a delivery. I guess I should expect nothing else from this corporation. Its a shame you had an opportunity to have a new customer instead you have lost one for life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

I didn't like: Poor response from sears.

Comments