State: Texas Product: Sears Repair Clear all filters (33 of 505 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Sears in Wylie, Texas - Repeated repairs with no positive result

We purchased a Samsung dishwasher from Sears 5 years ago. In that time, we have had it repaired at least 5 times, most recently in March 2015 and again in November 2015. Now it is broken again, and of course the warranty on the repair expired after 90 days. Very disappointed and surprised that Sears does not fully back their products. We talked to 8 people, and basically they told us to learn to fix it ourselves. They also offered to repair the product again, but all they will do is replace the same part that they replaced 4 months ago, which is again broken, so we feel like we are caught in an endless loop. We will not purchase from Sears again, nor will we purchase Samsung appliances.
Bad quality

Sears in Richardson, Texas - Freezer repair under warranty

I have been waiting on my freezer to be repaired for over a month. I have lost both food and time off from work waiting for a repairman....which have cancelled twice. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable by a company that prides itself on good service...it has been anything but. You call and call and the next available date is 3 to 4 weeks. Sears does not have the decency to proactively place your work order at the top of the list knowing that they are at fault for NOT fulfilling their commitments. It has been a terrible experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere.
Poor customer service

Sears only honors extended warranties, not 'ordinary' warranties

2.0
I Purchased a Kenmore water softener direct from Sears less than three years ago. The owner's manual from Sears offers a 10 years warranty against leaks. Yes, I still have all the original paperwork. I called the Sears repair number and then Sears repair tells me they ONLY send repair service for Extended Warranty customers, that I have to find and pay for for my own repairman and repairs. Only afterwards, would Sears consider talking with me. The Warranty clearly says they will replace leaking tanks for ten years - it does not mention the Sears repair does not do warranty repairs
Sears Repair
Cons
  • Non honored warranty
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Kenmore Series 420 Water Softener

Sears Repair Review

1.3
I have only had my dryer for 6 months and it is already broken I set up an appointment to get it fixed 3 weeks ago and they keep re scheduling so I missed 2 days of work!! Really bad customer service!

Terrible! Avoid Sears and sears Service

Service tech came out; said $399 to fix washer and would put parts on order; all other charges would be under warranty. We wrote a check; the parts arrived and took a total of 3 weeks to get someone here. The new service techs said that it was not covered and wanted an additional $899 for a total of approx $1300. A new machine costs that. We said no and they said Sears will refund except for $79 trip fee but they said call customer service and they will refund it. I called Customer service, talked with chris, very rude, unhelpful and adamant that trip fee is not refundable. I subsequently did email conversations with two people--said could not refund trip fee even though I asked for my request to be escalated to upper management. Terrible service! Bait and switch!
Problems with payment

A view from the inside of Sears Customer Service

I worked for the Sears "technical specialist" phone support department awhile back, and let me tell all of you on here who are skeptical in regards to complaints about appliances and service...these justifiably angry customers are not making things up. Sears is broken. I saw it from the inside over the course of many months working there until I got completely fed up with the bureaucratic nightmare of too many departments, receiving seven different answers for the same question, and imperious, uncaring management that treated some good, knowledgeable people there like robots. I helped customers troubleshoot problems with their appliances and lawn/garden equipment over the phone, and being technically minded and having mechanical knowledge, I enjoyed helping customers getting their items back up and running when it was a small issue such as a spark plug not attached properly, a flooded engine, or a clogged lint screen on a dryer. However, when people genuinely needed a repair service call or called in about their warranty or protection agreement (the sales people at the stores often lie or have no idea about what exactly warranties and agreements cover just to make a sales commission) and having to tell them something is not covered due to that- the ugly wart ridden face of this now backwards company was exposed in its full horror. The company has terrible routing for service calls (especially if you live in states like Texas and Louisiana) and some customers will wait for weeks to get a tech out to their house under warranty and even then they may wait for even more time when the tech has to order parts and return. Often we in the department I worked for had a good idea of what part or parts were needed, but due to draconian policies that end up costing Sears more money and the customer more inconvenience, we were unable to order the parts for the repair and when we put notes in the service call for the tech, they cant even procure some of these most likely needed items with a couple of weeks of notice to bring out to the service call. The largest problem is the lack of consistency. Every phone person you get when you call in for service is different and the training their give at the company is woefully different from trainer to trainer. That was rough...listening to colleagues belittle customers who spent over $2,000 of hard earned money on a tractor that doesn't work (they are NOT built as well as they used to be by the way) with a condescending tone and telling them they are basically ***...but then they'll offer a "free consultation on home improvement projects" to the customer calling in. Its rather poor customer service to offer (*cough* excuse me.. pitch a sale) on a project that would cost thousands of dollars (beware of Sears Home Improvements) to a customer calling in because of a defective or broken product that has damaged their confidence in the company. Oh, some of those phone reps are good at it though, they'll pour honey in the caller's ear to accept the free consultation, especially because for everyone we'd transfer over to schedule a consult, we (the phone reps) would receive a $10 commission. We also got paid commission to avoid setting up service calls, which is good business sense if a call is not warranted, such as a clogged filter or a disconnected battery lead, all things we can walk a customer through how to fix on the phone. Again, though, reps often run too far with this idea and tell people random things to try so they can avoid service, rather than spending the time (good customer service) to walk a customer through the fix and make sure it worked. The company doesn't care much if a customer has to *** a day of work to wait around for a vague "8-5 pm" appointment and cares even less when the tech says they came by and said "no one was home" even though the customer is sitting inside waiting for someone you know... to knock on the door or use the phone to make a call that they have arrived. I feel bad for the really excellent techs that work for them, but again, techs are as inconsistent as any other department, there a few great ones and a whole lot of mediocre or bad ones. Good luck when you talk to the Delivery department too, one of the most broken and ridiculous of the Sears sub-departments. They are mostly overseas and talk on scripts, even to us when we called them for a customer! Most of the delivery people who bring out your merchandise have no idea on how your items work and they are not known for their subtle handling of appliances (so if you get a Sears Delivery team showing up at your house, watch them like a hawk, that is if they even show up on the date promised.) Perhaps the worst department of all is the Carry In service at the stores or repair centers. If you take in your warrantied push mower, often the people working will try to claim that you used "bad gas" or something like that and try to charge you for the repair, even though the unit has a manufacturer caused defective carburetor. They take weeks and weeks to repair these items, are terrible about informing customers about the status of their repairs, and yes, they even lose a lot of machines somehow. So, be extremely mindful of this when dropping off an item for warranty repair. Don't lose the receipt they give you under any circumstances. So, overall, be very, very careful if you choose to do business with Sears. I do not advise it, having seen how completely inefficient and ultimately doomed this company is from the inside. If you buy a Repair Protection Agreement, regular wear and tear maintenance is NOT COVERED, so don't let them lie to you at the store and tell you it is. Only Master Protection Agreements receive one free yearly preventative maintenance check, and if you're buying anything with a combustion engine, Sears does not put MPAs on those items, only the aforementioned Repair Protection Agreement will be sold on powered lawn equipment. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you go with just the standard manufacturer warranty that comes with your intended purchase, read it before you buy the item, especially if it is a Crafstman tractor. They only cover a lot of things for 30 to 90 day periods and after that they are very stingy on covering justifiable mechanical issues, so do your homework, because the sales people in the stores (minus the good ones) just want their commission and they are terrible at educating customers about warranties and protection agreements. I gave Sears the benefit of the doubt when I first started working for them, but now that I've had my eyes opened, I realize this company is no longer innovative and lives in a world that no longer exists. They continually lose tons of money, don't invest in technology for the business, and essentially are amputating one body part of the company at a time to keep the lights on until the CEO can make his pile of cash out of the real estate property on the books. The guy holds meetings over remote connections from his house in Florida and you never see him touring facilities, he's just a hedge fund billionaire with a gigantic ego that somehow empowers him to be a genius at retailing. Just go into your local Sears store, do you really see genius at work? Nope, just the slowest liquidation sale in the history of America.

Well I can say that Sears is a very good company to make business with. Unlike other companies who sell you a warranty and won't be there to service the warrantied item because they "went out of business".

Sears has been around for over 100 years. It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers. Sears hires the best technicians in the industry they set out to service. You won't get a rookie on your door step when it's time for your item to be repaired.

As to doing business, everyone is an adult, and should make a sound choice when it comes to making any major purchases. Sounds to me like this guy is just an ex disgruntled employee and I for one will not listen to anything he has to say.

@Me

Sears has been in business for 128 years, the bulk of it because they provided their customers with excellent customer support. I can promise you Sears won't be in business another 10 if they continue to allow their service department to deteriorate.

I have an MPA on all my appliances from Sears and I've had 5 visits for a broken dishwasher in the past 2 months alone.

"It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers".

Right.

Here's my tale of woe: https://www.sears.com/community/forums/topic/6-service-calls-on-my-dishwasher-so-far/

@Me

Wow, I see that you drink deply from the trough of the Sears kool-aid or you're a company media relations person. Disgruntled?

Hardly, I couldn't be happier that I no longer work for that abomination of a company that used to be one of the best. You also need to bone up on your reading comprehension skills a bit too. I pointed out consistency is one of, if not the most, glaring problem that Sears has with products and services. A few good situations (which perhaps you have been fortunate to experience with the company where you live if you're not a Media Relations person) and a whole lot of horror stories.

You talk about people being adults, part of being an adult is not burying your head in the sand and being a good company wage slave, but having principles that you live by. I do and Sears was counter to them, so I left and went to a far better employee with a future. You're out of your mind if you think Sears has 'always' been there for its customers. Sure, up until the late 1990s, I'd agree, now however?

At the rate they're going, they'll be in bankruptcy or liquidation in a couple of years. Everything I posted about is true, just go look at the thousands of similar complaints from customers, who were being adults and put their trust into Sears and got shafted for doing so. I know a dozen or more companies who will stand by their warranties and workmanship to a degree that Sears used to but hasn't for years. Many techs are rookies by the way.

I dealt with many service orders where one tech had no idea about some basic mechanical knowledge (i.e. how to replace a starter or how to level a mower deck) and they had to make a disabled or elderly customer wait TWO WEEKS for someone to do such basic repairs and maintenance. That's the thing, Sears has it set up to basically accuse the customer of lying and finding anyway to not honor a warranty. This is terrible business.

I'm not naive and know that a few people here and there will try to work the system, but its a tiny amount. Most people call in with genuine issues due to the poor design, cheap overseas materials, and almost nonexistent quality control that have stained the once proud names of Craftsman and Kenmore. I saw it, talking to hundreds of people a week and I was one agent out of dozens in just one service center in the US. That's there is to it.

Too bad Fast Eddie With The Huge Ego controls the company, because if he didn't have a controlling position he'd have been fired years ago. 30 quarters of straight losses is atrocious and it shows more and more each day as the death spiral continues.

Be wary of doing business with Sears is all I'm saying. If you're a media relations robot, please don't bother posting more company nonsense, I think the vast majority of folks in here know who's really telling the truth.

View more comments (2)

Sears - Bad customer service in laredo tx

I ordered on line a pair of gold earrings for a gift.I received them in an envelope that had bubble rap no box just in a little pouch. I didn't check them well until I gave them as a gift they were damaged. I called customer service for online orders they said since they came defective that I could return them in the store it showed they are in stock . I did not want my money back just an even exchange. They said it was fine . I went to sears in laredo tx I also had to purchase six appliances needed to upgrade.It was wed 06/26/13. About 11:AM the lady at the counter is useless she did not want to help me after the people at customer service said they would honor the exchange in the store. All she kept saying is no she can't . Then as if she was doing me a favor says well I can send it out for repair but you have to pay for it what a joke . I left with out buying appliances if it is difficult to exchange a pair of earings that was sent damaged I can imagine a big ticket item .
David
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry to hear that your online earring order was received damaged, and you have been unable to find the necessary help at your local store. We can certainly understand why being told one thing over the phone and something different at the store would be more than a little upsetting. We would like to discuss this matter in more detail with you, and see what options we have to help make this right. Please send the following information – contact #, s the screenname that I have assigned you (Anonymous424364), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Loss

SEARS THE WORST APPLIANCES AND SERVICE?

SEARS MAY BE THE WORST APPLIANCE SOURCE? -2 appliance purchases within last 15 months (dishwasher, refrigerator) -Multiple failures on each -3x same problem with Dishwasher, still not repaired -long wait time for service tech (1-2 weeks each repair), total wait time 5 weeks in past 3 months -without use of Dishwasher for 5 weeks in past 3 months -Repairs failed first time on both Refrig (Samsung) and dishwasher (Kenmore) -Repairs failed second time on dishwasher, third time tech came and did not have replacement part (fuse), even though the it was the same part as past two repairs! -Phone reps are a brick wall, and have no capacity to deviate from script when providing customer service. If it ain't in the warranty contract, sorry Charlie! -No response from email to corporate headquarters (this was the ONLY way to escalate beyond standard customer service rep) -Sears processes, procedures, and personnel associated with Customer Service may very well be the worst you will ever experience. -Sears refrigerator and dishwasher are borderline Lemons, and Sears doesn't seem to care. NET: APPLIANCES DON'T WORK AND SERVICE IS SLOW AND INEFFECTIVE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PRODUCT QUALITY/RELIABILITY AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, LOOK ELSEWHERE.

I have been on hold for one hour with SEARS Service waiting for a supervisor to speak with me as to why i am required to pay a Service Call fee of $79 to replace an electronic control panel that is under warranty and has to be replaced again!!!

Customer Service...... Two very simple words that "SEARS" does not understand.

After seeing all the negative posts on the web, it is amazing they have lasted this long....

This experience is worse than the last time which was terrible at best.

Elizabeth R

Don't buy refrigerators, dryers or washing machines. I have all three and all three have had big expensive repairs that incurred just after warrantees expired.

Parts purchased for repairs came in faulty and they won't take them back. I need a new washing machine after 1 12/ years and the dryer is working with jury rigged switches. Nobody human will talk to you on the phone about the problems.

They put you on hold for up to 20 minutes and then a worker who barely speaks English says we will get back to you and hangs up. I will never buy anything from them again

David
Sears Response

Dear wittville,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dishwasher and refrigerator. We understand the importance of both the dishwasher and refrigerator in the family household and would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service orders and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made and to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that dishwasher and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (wittville) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.

View more comments (2)
Loss
I purchased a Kenmore deep freezer model #255.19702010. We have had it for about 14 months and it died, no warning, just thawed out food. Two things make me very mad about this-->1. I took good care of this freezer and stored it inside and free of clutter. 2....

We purchased a 22 cf Kenmore Freezer which died after 16 months of usage. Called the local Sears dealer from which we purchased the freezer and got the run around.

In short, we are out of luck. Our attempt at replacing an element did not solve the problem. So now our only recourse is to alert anyone foolish enough to put trust in this appliance. Also we intend to paint on the freezer this information: NEVER BUY A KENMORE FREEZER.

THIS ONE DIED IN 16 MONTHS.

We will transport it to our local dump where patrons will see this message. Done with Sears!!!!!

View more comments

(888) 204-4019
All Sears Contacts

Sears Reviews

Sears reviews
Sears failed to show up for three subsequent and separately schedule appointments for a warranty repair for my cooktop. This caused me three missed days of work, and nearly a month without a cooktop. They do not employ enough repair persons to make appointments any...

Been in the same type of situation for over a year. Bought the Sears Master Protection Agreement wich has a lemon clause in it.

My range has been serviced 5 times and the same problem exists even though the repairmen (plural) have changed the valves 3 times and checked the range from top to bottom. Sears dimwits have now said that it is the pressure of the LP tank that is bad. But how does that explain that the range in the 1st floor kitchen that works perfectly with the same tank as they are both hooked up on the same line. Sears refuses to replace the unit.

I have already contacted the NYS Attorney Generals Fraud division office, explained the situation, filled out the appropriate forms and am going to drop them off today. I told them I would do so if they couldn't honor their contract. I recommend that you do the same : contact your State AG office and file with them. If enough complaints come in, Sears may actually honor their word instead of passing the buck.

By the way, after this garbage began last year, when I needed to purchase a generator, rather than going to Sears (where I used to purchase items like this) I went to Lowes.

They were helpful and even put it together for me for free. Change where you shop...then these thieves and liars will lose their jobs instead of making us waste out valuable time.

View more comments