Our Sear's water heater died 9-24-15. It was guaranteed for 12 years but only lasted 6. Called their warranty department and was told they would replace it and that I only had one year warranty left from the third previous water heater. A 12-years warranty on the new one would cost $399, which I paid over the phone and Eric in Iowa informed me I should receive a copy of my receipt and warranty within a month. They gave me a number to take to Sears to pick up the new one.

11-2-15 I called and spoke with Vanessa in Florida who promised to mail me a copy of my warranty. 11-9-15 I spoke with Gail who said she would mail me a copy. Had to call another number to request a copy of my receipt.

11-18-15 Spoke with at least 6 different employees of Sears and was given more promises to send what I requested.

Obviously, the copies I requested at the time of my purchase were never sent. They should have been mailed automatically, even without a request. Was informed by more than one person that Sears waits until they have what they determine to be a sufficient number of warranty requests before they will mail any of them. This is not customer service. I have spent hours of my life in addition to all the aggravation of being shuffled from one employee to another and hearing promises they have no intention of keeping. One of the phone transfers was to a person in the Philippines who said her department was not the correct one to help me. Between the policies of Sears and too many of their incompetent employees, I will never purchase from them or K-Mart again. I did speak with a few intelligent people but they are seriously out numbered by the others.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of water heater from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was being lied to and incompetent employees and being lied to. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments