I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator, with home delivery and setup. The installers did not level it. I decided to do that myself, following the instructions in the manual. The first step was to remove the lower grille on the bottom. I got down on the floor to look at that, and found that it was either broken or not installed correctly. The left side was dragging the floor and two silver coil springs were sticking out above that.

I called the 800 number for Sears customer service.

First try - press various numbers to get to the correct choice - then disconnected.

Second try - same as first but disconnected at a different point.

Third try - finally reached a person, give her my name, address and phone number. She verified my purchase and said she would have the installation department set up an appointment, please hold. Disconnected. Since she had my phone number, etc., I expected her to call back. That never happened.

I went to the Sears website and selected the "Contact Us" page. I filled out the fields and explained my problem. Two days later, no response. I did it again. The next day I received an error message saying the "contactus" mailbox was FULL. Mailbox full? What kind of customer service is that? I found another email address for them, and sent the info. No response. I tried the "Contact Us" webpage again. No response.

I had also ordered a "Kenmore" (which turned out to be a relabeled Frigidaire) dehumidifier for in-store pickup. Therefore, when I went to pick it up, I also went and found the salesman from whom I had bought the refrigerator. I explained the problem to him. He called the SAME 800 number I had tried multiple times, and introduced himself as ...... from Sears store .... He told her of my problem and that he wanted it fixed. She immediately set up an appointment. The Sears salesman didn't get disconnected when he called!

On to the dehumidifier. The young man who brought it out loaded it into my vehicle. When I got home and took it out, I discovered that the box was majorly damaged and something was rattling inside. Why did the guy give it to me without saying something or checking the contents?

I opened the box and found that three of the four casters on the bottom of the unit were broken off, and one was missing. The case of the unit was sprung open. It had obviously been dropped.

I called the Sears store here to report the problem. They said I could make the 30 mile trip back to return or exchange it. I told him that their delivery people were coming here anyway in four days to fix the refrigerator problem. He said that the personnel would "not be allowed" to either deliver or pickup a dehumidifier at the same time.

I have one question for Sears: What is your definition of the word "service" in the phrase "Sears Customer Service?"

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #687238

Dear Anonymous ,

My name is Dee M. with Sears Cares. Please accept our apologies for the trouble you are having your refrigerator. We would be happy to speak with you and set service for you as well as monitor your repair for you to verify you are satisfied with the completed repair. We will also be happy to speak to you about the dehumidifier you purchased, we are very sorry to hear about the condition of it when you opened it in your home and we want to address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous432845), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com . We appreciate your business and hope to hear from you in the very near future.

Dee M