With Company response Not resolved

ON APRIL 28, 2013 I ENTERED THE MASSAPEQUA NEW YORK SEARS STORE TO PURCHASE A WASHER AND DRYER. AFTER WAITING QUITE A WHILE I WAS APPROACHED BY A SALESPERSON. I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND AFTER THE SALESPERSON'S ATTEMPTS AT THWARTING MY CHOICE, WE SETTLED ON THE ITEMS AND AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO RING UP THE SALE. I WAS IN THE STORE OVER 1-1/2 HOURS BECAUSE THE POINT OF SALE SYSTEMS COULD NOT SEEM TO COORDINATE THEIR PROGRAMS. ALSO, AT NO TIME WAS I ASKED IF THE DRYER WAS PLUG IN OR HARD WIRED. I WAS ONLY TOLD THE DELIVERY PEOPLE WOULD INSTALL BOTH APPLIANCES. FINALLY THE TRANSACTION WAS COMPLETED. SETTING A DELIVERY DATE WAS CRITICAL SO THAT I WOULD NOT MISS WORK AND WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE SOMEONE THERE TO ACCEPT THE DELIVERY. THE SALESPERSON WORKED VERY HARD TO GET THAT GUARANTEED DELIVERY DATE AND ALL SEEMED WELL.

THE STORE'S DELIVERY PROCEDURE IS THAT THEY CALL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE TO CONFIRM. JUST THE DAY AFTER I PURCHASED THE ITEMS I RECEIVED A CALL FROM DELIVERY TELLING ME THEY HAD TO POSTPONE THE DATE BECAUSE THE VENDOR COULD NOT SUPPLY THE APPLIANCES. THEY WANTED TO MOVE THE DELIVERY UP 2 DAYS WHICH WOULD BE A SERIOUS PROBLEM BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE TO CANCEL CLIENTS AND WORK AGAIN.I RELUCTANTLY AGREED BECAUSE I NEEDED THE APPLIANCES AND WAS TOLD TO GO TO THE STORE TO SEE IF THEY WOULD WRITE OFF THE DELIVERY CHARGE AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE GESTURE.UPON RETURNING TO THE STORE MUCH ENSUED..BUT TO ENCAPSULATE, I WAS OFFERED A GIFT CARD TO HELP DEFRAY THE DELIVERY CHARGE AND WE KEPT THE POSTPONED DELIVERY DATE.

THE NIGHT BEFORE THE NEW DELIVERY DATE I CALLED THE INSTALL TEAM AT THE SEARS DELIVERY CENTER AND ASKED IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I NEEDED TO DO TO PREPARE FOR THE INSTALL OF THESE APPLIANCES. I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NOTHING I NEEDED TO DO...THE TEAM WOULD INSTALL THE DRYER AND WASHER IN THE SAME FASHION THE PREVIOUS WASHER AND DRYER HAD BEEN PUT IN. THEY CONFIRMED THE TIME OF DELIVERY FOR THE NEXT MORNING.

THE NEXT MORNING THE TEAM SHOWED UP ON TIME TO DELIVER THE WASHER AND DRYER. THE MEN UNLOADED THE APPLIANCES IN THE STREET OUTSIDE THEIR TRUCK AND CAME IN TO ACCESS THE SITUATION.THEY SAW THE DRYER WAS HARD WIRED AND ADVISED ME THAT THEY DID NOT DO ELECTRICAL WORK AND THEY COULD NOT INSTALL THE DRYER. SO...THEY PACKED UP THE APPLIANCES AND LEFT.

I WENT BACK TO THE STORE, FOUND MY SALESPERSON AND DESCRIBED THE CHAOS THAT HAD ENSUED. SHE WAS VERY SYMPATHETIC BUT CLEARLY WHAT THE DELIVERY TEAM DID WAS APART FROM THE STORE'S GENERAL OPERATIONS AND SO HER EFFORTS TO HELP WERE SOMEWHAT STIFLED. I WAS TOLD I HAD TO GET AN ELECTRICIAN TO PREPARE FOR THE INSTALL OF THIS DRYER BECAUSE SEAR'S ELECTRICIAN WOULD BE $ 180.00 AND HE WOULD BE DAYS BEFORE HE COULD DO THE WORK. I ASKED IF I WOULD BE REIMBURSED FOR THIS ELECTRICAL WORK AND THE SALESPERSON SAID SHE WOULD REIMBURSE ME OUT OF HER COMMISSION. THE MISERABLE STORE WOULD NOT EVEN BACK HER ATTEMPTS AT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION! SHE SET A NEW DELIVERY DATE WHICH GUARANTEED AN EARLY MORNING DELIVERY AS I WAS GOING OUT OF TOWN AND NEEDED TO LEAVE THAT SAME DAY.

THE NIGHT BEFORE THE THIRD DELIVERY DATE , SEARS CALLED TO CONFIRM THE DATE AND SAID THEY WOULD BE HERE BETWEEN 7:45AM AND 9:45AM TO DELIVER THE WASHER AND DRYER. AT 10:00AM NO ONE HAD SHOWN UP SO I CALLED THE DELIVERY SERVICE AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE RUNNING LATE AND I WAS THE 4TH DELIVERY.THEY FURTHER STATED THEY WOULD CALL THE DRIVER AND ASK HIM TO CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW WHAT TIME TO EXPECT THEM. I NEVER HEARD FROM THE DRIVER, SO AGAIN I CALLED THE DELIVERY CENTER AND NOW WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO DELIVERY BECAUSE THE VENDOR DID NOT HAVE THE APPLIANCES AND SO THEY WERE NOT ON THE TRUCK!!!!!

SO NOW I HAD MISSED MY TRIP, MY FAMILY HAD TO LEAVE WITHOUT ME, MISSED 1-1/2 DAYS OF WORK, PAID AN ELECTRICIAN AND STILL HAVE NO APPLIANCES AND NO WAY OF REALLY RECTIFYING ANY OF THIS. AT THIS MOMENT I AM AWAITING A CALL FROM MY SALESPERSON AT THE STORE. SHE HAS BEEN TRYING TO REACH THE WAREHOUSE TO NO AVAIL. THEY ARE NOT EVEN RESPONDING TO THEIR OWN STORE'S NEEDS.

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT BOTH TIMES I VISITED THE STORE TO FIX THAT DAY'S PROBLEM...THERE WAS NO GENERAL STORE MANAGER ON DUTY. FISH STINKS FROM THE HEAD DOWN FOLKS. IT'S FOLLOW THE LEADER. IF THE MANAGER CARED ENOUGH TO TRAIN AND SUPPORT THE SALES TEAMS ...CLEARLY TRAINING IS ALSO AN ISSUE IN THIS POORLY MANAGED STORE. IF I HAD BEEN ADVISED THAT I NEEDED ANYTHING AT ALL TO PREPARE FOR THE INSTALL OF THOSE APPLIANCES, I WOULD HAVE HAD IT READY AND ACCEPTED DELIVERY THE FIRST TRY.

SO, I STRONGLY ADVISE EVERYONE TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP. CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT "WALKS THE TALK"...REALLY PRIORITIZES CARE, RESPECT AND SUPPORT TO BOTH THEIR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR ASSOCIATES. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT ABOUT REIMBURSING A CUSTOMER WITH AN IN STORE GIFT CARD FOR A JOB BADLY OR NOT AT ALL DONE; IT'S ABOUT LISTENING TO WHAT THE CUSTOMER NEEDS AND FULFILLING YOUR OBLIGATION TO THAT NEED. IF NOT CLOSE YOUR DOORS AND FIND ANOTHER LINE OF WORK!

SEARS.... HOW YOU HAVE FALLEN. ONCE THE BASTION OF CLIENT/CUSTOMER CARE YOU ARE NOW ON THE BOTTOM RUNG OF THE RETAILING LADDER. I WILL UTILIZE EVERY OPPORTUNITY I AM GIVEN TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE ELSE FROM ENTERING YOUR STORES. YOU SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ANNUALLY TO ENTICE AND INVITE CONSUMERS TO YOUR BUSINESS AND THEN TAKE MERE MOMENTS TO ALIENATE THEM TO THE EXTENT THEY WOULD NEVER COME BACK.

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear ppissyotis,

My name is Trent with Sears Cares Escalations team. We were sorry to hear about the frustrations you have experienced with the delivery of your appliances. We would like the opportunity to show you that we do value you as our customer and appreciate both your feedback and your business. We would like to connect you with one of our dedicated Case Managers, to work with you, to resolve this situation. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (ppissyotis), to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Trent A.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

ppissyotis
to Sears Response Stamford, Connecticut, United States #644008

Well Trent..perhaps you should furnish me with a way to reach you...I have no intention of posting any personal information on this site.;I don't hold out much hope for your response or successful intervention.