3.4
Layout of Store

I purchased a pair of boys shoes online for $43.29.About a week later I purchased a vacuum cleaner for $41.71.

I ended up returning the shoes & was told I would only get a partial refund because the shoe purchase had racked up $20 in free cash which was used towards the vacuum cleaner purchase. So I would only be getting back $23.03. I asked why & was told because the $20 I used in free cash for the vacuum, was no longer free. So my understanding is that the $20 that was not refunded to me, went towards the vacuum purchase.

I asked if I returned the vacuum, would the $20 be reflected in the amount I was refunded. I was told no & nobody could explain why. That's where all the problems started. So even if I returned both items, I would still be short $20.

Where did my $20 run off to??? I was told to contact customer service & I did. For the past week I've been trying to get this issue resolved. First I was told that I would receive the full refund for the shoes so I wasnt going to return the vacuum.

I was sent an email advising me to contact the store for the full refund so I tried to talk to a manager & was given the run around. I finally spoke with her & nothing was resolved so I contacted customer service again & was reassured again that I would receive the full refund in my bank . Well I only received a partial refund for the shoes so I called customer service again & they told me to contact the manager. At this point I just wanted this to end so I told them that I was going to return the vacuum to receive the full amount that I had spent on both purchases to begin with.

I get to the store and the manager told me to go ahead & return the vacuum & that she would give me the extra $20. She said that "Sears will just take a loss for you". I don't understand how Sears would be taking a loss by giving me back the exact amount that I spent out-of-pocket. But I go to a cashier & return the vacuum & was told to go back to the manager's office so that she could refund me the remaining $20.

I get back to her office & all of a sudden she says that she cannot refund me the remaining $20. She starts naming all sorts of excuses & reasons that didn't make sense & says she can't do anything more because the transactions already went through for returns on both items. She calls customer service & they said they'll give me $20 in free cash. I tell them that I don't want $20 in free cash, I want the $20 that I spent out of pocket.

Then the gentleman I was speaking to from customer service, told me that I would be receiving the $20 to my financial institution. I'm not really sure if that's gonna happen but I'm not giving up. I'm not ok with just getting refunded $64.74 for returning both products. This is not right & it just can't be legal.

I'm positive that this has happened to other people. I understand the rules & regulations for the freecash but I paid $85 out of pocket for both products in total so its only right for me to get that exact amount for returning both items. I'm just going to wait a few days & see if they go through with giving me the rest of my money & take it from there. They need to seriously look over some things because issues similar to this one, can happen & they need to know how to address these things in a fair & professional manner.

Sears was my favorite store. I rave about it to everyone I know & meet because of all the wonderful sales & quality of the merchandise.

But all this has left a bad taste in my mouth.Robbing consumers is not very wise.

Review about: Shoes.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments