Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Long story short not all Sears sell their items at the same price some charge you more some charge you less for the exact same item. The online purchasing service takes advantage of customers though this. The Sears.com service will send you to a Sears home or Sears store when the two places have different prices and return policies. If you have an issue or problem and try to return your sears home item to a sears store you can't. I ended up placing an online order for an item that was more expensive at one store and then I found out the hard way that it was cheaper at another store. Obviously I wanted to cancel my order within an hour after having placed it. The charge showed as pending for days and then I got charged. Sears charged me for an order that was cancelled instead of cancelling the order outright. So instead of cancelling the transaction they decide to charge you for a transaction and then refund you at their leisure of 5-7 days or whenever that is. What this company does is try to hold on to every dollar they can make. Their going bankrupt closing stores and you will get shafted by them. I doubt I will get my refund I already see that I will have to dispute this with my card holder.

What I leave out the story is that I physically drove to the store to cancel my order and the manager I'm guessing since he was the only employee in an empty store with no customers gave me an excuse about needing a "refund or return code" that would have to be printed out on the order confirmation e-mail. This guy knew he was full of crap I never heard such nonsense or an excuse not to provide a customer with a cancellation/refund in my life. Apparently there's no way that Sears can cancel an order at the store the order is supposed to be picked up by but if you call their customer service some random person in India oceans away can???

When this store closes for good I will be in the parking lot shooting fireworks and popping campaign. This place needs to be out of business. It's their faulty products, shady warranty services and strange return practices that got them in this hole. It's a shame knowing how good of a store Sears was 20 years ago to seeing what it has become in present day.

Amazon didn't do this to you Walmart didn't do this to you this company did it to itself. Always being cheap and always cutting corners and weakening their name brand. Craftsman went downhill the day they decided it be a good idea to manufacture their products in China. What we got in return was Harbor freight level quality tools with a premium price.

Everything I've ever purchased from Sears broke. Lawnmower, Electrical Saw, Air Compressor,hand tools, etc. all broke and all made in China with a craftsman label. However tools I that are 30-40 years old with Craftsmans name on them made in the USA still work like a charm. Even my Kenmore Washer and Dryer haven't missed a beat I couldn't kill them if I tried. If Sears kept up the quality they would never have been in the mess they got themselves in. Good riddance this place is a shadow of what it once was.

I will supply the fireworks, well said we will all be celebrating shortly. Rochester NY