Bandera, Texas
With Company response Not resolved

Bought a threadmill from sears.com on June 16, 2013.Set up a delivery date of June 28.

(That was the first available date). Received a phone call on Thursday evening about delivery and set up. My two hour window was for 9:45 to 11:45 am. I called the delivery service center to let them know I had a meeting that I had to leave for by 11:45 am but I would return by 1:30 pm.

I was assured that this would not be a problem. After waiting all morning for my service I left for my meeting at 11:45 am. At 11:52 am I received a call that the delivery team was 10 min away. I told them they would have to come back after 1:30 pm.

They assured me that would not be a problem and to call when I got home. I called at 1:30 pm and was told I would have to reschedule for July 5th. Sears said the truck was now out of the area and refused to have them come back. I spent 3 hours on the phone with sears that day talking with people I could barely understand.

At one point a consumer service manager from the delivery department told I could not talk to her supervisor because she did not take phone calls from consumers. Told her I would love that job. I gave up on delivery service department and called sears.com. After talking to a manager I managed to get the delivery charge refunded.

Took three hours and 7 people to get that done and I still have to wait another week for my delivery.I am seriously considering just canceling the whole order.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Brooklyn, New York, United States #673479
Sears Response

Dear Troy0118,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry for the trouble you encountered with your treadmill delivery. We understand how disappointing a broken commitment like this is for you, and we’d like to see what we can do to help correct this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Troy0118 ), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

stlrsfan
Mamaroneck, New York, United States #671363

You agreed to the delivery date.These people are doing deliveries and labor work, sometimes things can get a little delayed.

They arrived SEVEN minutes late from the given window.If you had a meeting scheduled for right around the window time, you should have rescheduled in advance.