With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jun 24, 2013

Update: Sears came through and did the right thing!Once my case was escalated (not real easy to do) a CS specialist took over and my mower was fixed a week earlier than fist scheduled.

They even sent me money to compensate me for the two weeks my mower was broken. Sears really turned this situation around.

It took some effort but Sears did come through in the end.Good to see that from a large company!

Original review posted by user May 22, 2013

1. Riding mower under warranty and will not start.

2. Did everything instructed by your phone support and double

checked each step. (new battery, sparkplug, checked fuse, gas, connectors, etc.)

3. Looked on line and did additional troubleshooting, but mower

still won?t run.

4. Flywheel turns only about 1/2?. I can turn the flywheel by

hand.

5. If I remove the sparkplug the flywheel will turn fully (but of

course it will not start). Compression issue?

I was told a technician could not come for almost three weeks! I told phone support this is WAY too long to wait. My grass will be too long to cut! I was then told to borrow a neighbors. I live out in the country so this is not an option and why should I be borrowing mowers when mine is under warranty. I was then told Sears would give me $50 a week until my mower is repaired to hire someone to mow it. Yesterday my wife call 10 to 12 lawn services and cannot find any one locally to mow or they will only come out under a year?s contract. Renting one is also out ? the only local rental store has only very large mowers that I can?t tow.

Even if I could the cost it a minimum of $80 so I would lose $30 each time I mowed.

I need this case escalated and a technician to my house by the end of this week. This mower has less than 20 hours of run time and I?m stuck with no way to mow my lawn. What good is a warranty if the time it takes to get a repair is three weeks!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Cheerupfarm,

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve encountered with your tractor and the attempts made trying to get a working one. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and put an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Cheerupfarm) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.