With Company response

I bought an electric chain saw from sears a couple of years ago. Recently the chain came off of the bar tried to fix it myself but I could not move the tensioner.

So I took it to Sears repair at Woodfield in Schaumburg. They said that they do not fix electric lawn and garden tools. I told them that there was nothing wrong with the electric part just the tensioner. They gave me a hard time so I called Sears customer service who told me to take it back and the would fix it.

What a joke, they didn't even send it out.

They called and to told me to just come and get it. So I found out that if you buy any electric lawn and garden tool they won't fix it if it breaks, like an electric *** whacker etc.

They want you to throw it out. So much for recycling.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

I’m so sorry to read about the experience you had with trying to get your chain saw repaired. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with you regarding this situation and to assist in resolving it to your satisfaction. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the chain saw was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Chain Saw 5711) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

The electronic tools(for lawn and garden) are not covered for repair and that is not up to the stores. The repair centers cannot get parts for them.

The parts are not available.

If you got the SPP on the product which is a Sears Purchase Protection Agreement which I am sure was offered to you, you would have a brand new one right now. Thats why they are offered so if it breaks you just return it and get a brand new one no repair necessary.