1500 Mall Run Rd, Uniontown, PA 15401, USA
1.9

I tried to return a 1/2" ratchet that my elderly father had given to me for Christmas. I wanted to return it because I had already purchased one.

I was told without a receipt there was nothing they would do. The ratchet was in its original package and not opened. All I wanted was store credit. One of the department managers said if I had my fathers e-mail address he may be able to help me.

My father is 85 years old he does not use e-mail. Any way why would they credit me if he had a e-mail address?

I was told they could look up the purchase. I have never been asked for my e-mail address when purchasing anything fro Sears.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Sears Cons: Return policy.

Comments

I put a layaway up in January and paid on it every two weeks as required. When I put the layaway up I asked the cashier how it works.

She really didn’t know too much about it herself. Anyway I got my layaway out in March sometime. I’m looking online and notice that the same items that I got off layaway is now on clearance. I’m happy because my clothes still have tags on them and I have my receipt that I can return them and buy them at the clearance price.

So I took my clothes back and was told that I could not return the clothes because it’s been over 30 days. So they calculated my time of the 30 days in January when I put the layaway up and not starting in March when got my layaway. I was very upset and had talk to two managers who made feel as if I had stolen the clothes. Even if I wanted to return anything because it didn’t fit, I would not have been able to.

I can understand if they didn’t have the items anymore and they were no longer in their system but the things I had gotten was still on the floor.

I told them I would have taken store credit but they would not even do that. I will be calling the corporate office about this and how I was treated.

Sears Reviews