With Company response Not resolved

TOTAL RIP OFF... I've had my Kenmore washer now repaired twice due to the same problem.

The part in question is a "lid switch", and based on feedback in the web, other people have had the same problem with this part breaking. So it first broke in 2003 -- and my total repair bill (with parts) was about $103. Then it broke again in 2012, and the repair bill jumped to about $200 . Okay, I know there is such a thing as inflation, but for prices to nearly double in nine years is a joke.

The part in question was about $16 in 2003 (supplied by Sears) but in 2012, they charge me about $58 for the same part -- it tripled?. So I Google for the part, and nowI find it for under $10 in year 2012! It is even sold for about that low price on Sear.com's web site. Unbelievable.

Oh, the the guy was done with the work in under 20 minutes to give you an idea of how simple the job was. So I called Sear to complain, and they said they'd have someone call me back.

They never returned the call. Sears violated my trust with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear p27601,

Your post has been brought to our attention regarding the pricing on your washer repair and we would like to offer our assistance. My name is Jack with the Sears Social Media Support team. We apologize that you did not receive a call back as you were promised and we understand that this issue of the parts and labor pricing are very important to you. We would like to have one of our case managers contact you to discuss your concerns and to present what options are available at this time. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (p27601), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

LTCC
#719939

Would this be the crack service guys from A&E?