Sent the following to Mr. Lampert a month ago and no response: "3046 Plaza Blanca Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507 March 31, 2017 Mr.

Edward Lampert Chief Executive Officer Sears Holdings Corporation 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179 Re: Why Sears is in trouble . . . .

Dear Mr. Lampert, We are long-time Sears customers with various appliances, vacuums, tools and other apparatus in our home purchased at Sears stores. I know from press coverage that Sears is troubled. I thought I would share with you our recent experience that may suggest one of the reasons why.

We have a Kenmore dishwasher Model 665-1593200, serial number FK5306244. In mid-February, the cap to the rinse aid dispenser was not installed properly, with the result that it came off during a wash cycle and was mangled. I went online to find the replacement part and found that rather than just replace a 50-cent cap, I had to replace the entire dispenser for $77.31, and that there was a substitution part for the original dispenser (the substitution being Part 8558129). I ordered the part on February 21st.

The woman who handled my order assured me it was the correct part. I received the part (with no installation instructions) early in March. When I disassembled the door to install the part, I found that the existing part and it were different, in that the existing part had 3 wiring connections while the substitution part had 2. On March 4th, I sent the attached email and pictures seeking assistance, and had no reply.

I resent the email on March 11th, and still had no reply. As you will easily see from the pictures, both parts have 2 wiring connections on the left, but only the existing part has a 3rd wiring connection at the lower right-hand corner. Thereafter I called Sears Home Services and was told I had to talk to Sears Parts Direct. I called Sears Parts Direct.

The representative put me on hold while she checked to see if my issue had ever been raised before and came back and said it had on 2 occasions. After a long conference with her supervisor, she said that the proper part would be shipped to me on an expedited basis. She assured me that the part would have not only the 2 wiring connections at the left, but also the 3rd one at the lower right-hand corner. In the meantime, at her request, I used a shipping label she emailed to me to return the substitute part.

The replacement part arrived perhaps a week later, in a box from Whirlpool Corporation labeled “FACTORY CERTIFIED PARTS”. Unfortunately, as you will easily see from the 3rd picture I have enclosed, the replacement part is the same as the original substitution part. In other words, it has places for the 2 wiring connections at the left, but no place for the 3rd wiring connection at the lower right-hand corner. So: more than a month has passed since this process began, I am “out” $77.31 plus several hours’ time (which is valuable to me, as, since I am a semi-retired attorney but still practicing, time is my “product”), I have been ignored twice, and after being assured that the issue had been researched and the correct part would be sent to me on an expedited basis, I’ve received the same substitute part I received in the first place.

I would like my $77.31 refunded, permission to simply keep the rinse aid dispenser cap from the part I received, as it fits properly, and a shipping label to return the part I received minus the dispenser cap. Too, I would like Sears to reflect on this, as its customers ought not to have to go through this kind of experience. Best regards, and good luck with your continuing efforts to turn Sears around. Sincerely, Thomas E.

Carr" Photos of (i) existing dispenser with 3 connections, (ii) substitute part with 2 connections, and (iii) "guaranteed right!" replacement part with 2 connections (in other words, the same as the substitute part and still the wrong part . .

. .) available but wouldn't upload properly.

Review about: Sears Dispenser Replacement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Freki
Hampton, Virginia, United States #1354442

Don't expect to hear from "I AM ALL POWERFUL" Eddie. He doesn't care about anyone but himself.