2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Bought a Kenmore fridge on Tues which was a lemon when delivered on Thurs. Called customer service on Fri who told me to allow 24 hrs to reach proper temps in freezer and fridge which never happened.

Went to Sears store on Sat to trade in Kenmore fridge for a more expensive Whirlpool fridge.

Salesman told me that it was my duty to call customer help line to make the transaction.

Help line told me the transaction must be done in person at the Sears store with the salesman present.

Went back to the store, asked for the manager and was directed to a salesman who then called the help line and made the switch. I was told we had to wait 1 week before the old fridge was removed and the new fridge was delivered. You would think that this situation would be made a priority and that Sears would do everything to make the customer completely satisfied.

On the day of delivery, not only was the new Whirlpool fridge delivered but also another Kenmore fridge. We accepted the Whirlpool and told the delivery men that the Kenmore shouldn't have been replaced. They made a phone call to report this misunderstanding. The Whirlpool fridge works great and was cold in less than 2 hrs so customer service was just stalling me.

The next day, we received a phone call from Sears stating that "my delivery was delayed and we needed to call and set up another delivery date with them". Obviously they had no knowledge that we purchased the Whirlpool fridge in place of the Kenmore fridge, and they were still under the impression that another Kenmore fridge was to replace our original "lemon". Obviously, everyone involved in this purchase was incompetent: The help line had no idea how long it should take a fridge to cool, the salesman didn't think it was his responsibility to settle the transaction, and the warehouse obviously didn't make a note of the fact that we didn't want another Kenmore. Not only did we have to deal with the inconvenience of having no fridge for 12 days, but we also had to deal with a totally incompetent company. I will never purchase another appliance from Sears again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with close location of store and stated that there is a room for improvement of salesman and poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "all of the above" of kenmore refrigerator. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kenmore refrigerator in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States #1311015

Sears has become incompetent, you cannot complete an online order, you cannot get customer service help and now some stores are not full line operations. This store will not survive !