With Company response

Purchased a riding lawn tractor several years ago. I have taken great care of this machine.

The problem is the transmission. It is not moving at all. It will move for about 3-4 feet then stop. This is a very consistent problem.

I have talked to the service repair people at Sears and all they can say is Hydrostatic transmission cannot be repaired, once they go bad they are not repairable. Now I am stuck with a 42inch lawn mower (still looks like a brand new one) and the way it sounds I will not be able to repair it unless I want to buy a new transmission for around $500.00. Why in the world do they make an unrepairable transmission. I have learned my lesson.

I will not purchase ANY PRODUCTS FROM SEARS ever again.

Sounds as if they purposely have their transmission made like this so someone can fall into their trap and spend $500.00 to buy a new one or buy another one of their junk lawn tractors. Buyers beware!!!!!!!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous392779,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I apologize for the problems with your tractor transmission and the frustrations created with the repair of the same, and for that we’re sorry. Given the opportunity, we’d like to talk to you in reference to this issue. Please send us an email containing your preferred contact information –contact #, screen name (Anonymous392779), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.