Executive complaint department:

I have been trying to file a complaint with Sears's home delivery and service department now going on the better part of a month and a half. I had a warranty on a treadmill purchased through Sears back in 2005. When it finally came time that the treadmill needed to be replaced a service tech was sent out to my home three times. It was on the third time that the treadmill was finally deemed non replaceable. I was given store credit and went to purchase another model. I did so and was told I had to wait a week and a half for the delivery. The treadmill was delivered and was poorly set up. The frame was not tight and the belt was completely loose and the service men did not test the treadmill before leaving. So I went back to the store and had a 2 hour conversation with a sales rep that could not get a manager to respond and so the resolution was "we will send out another treadmill". They did send out another treadmill and yet again the same issue. The belt was off centered. So I have been calling and have spoken with Jason unit#24201 who advised me that my first complaint was not addressed yet from the first delivery. He was of no assistance and proceeded to hang up on us after refusing to escalate the call to a higher division. I then went into the North Attleboro MA store and spoke with the Store General Manager Judith Gaulin, who advised me that there was nothing that Sears could do for me and that they had done their due diligence by upholding their warranty. I explained that I could see this to be true if I was in fact a working treadmill that was delivered to me in place of the original one but it was not. So after leaving the store with zero satisfaction and no resolution I called and spoke with Mark unit# 82015 who attempted to call NordicTrack and he explained to me that when he identified himself he was disconnected. He then transferred me to Customer Solutions where is spoke with Milan unit#9911. She made attempts at resolving my issue but again was unable to come to a solution other than calling Nordic Track herself. I explained to her that I have already done this and am waiting for them to call me back to come and service the brand new treadmill. So at this point in time my complaint basically is how disgusted I am with the lack of customer service over the phone, in the store, and with the delivery and service departments. Sears sent me a broken product two times and refuses to take responsibility for this. I have spent 6 days over the course of a month and a half waiting for both a tech or home delivery person and countless hours on the phone with representatives to get a resolution. Today is September 10th and I am without a functional treadmill and have yet to get a resolution. I would like to be contacted immediately.

Below is the following time like with receipt information regarding service and delivery:

Sears # 0007670 on July 22, 2011 Tech ID: 0614487 Service order 40462022 came to my house to service the old treadmill. A part was ordered. Nothing was done to the treadmill.

Sears came out again 2 weeks later to install the part. Was not given a receipt.

Sears# 0007670 on Aug 23, 2011 Tech ID# 0614487 Service order 40491358 came to my home and realized after placing calls to other techs that the treadmill needed to be replaced.

On August 24, 2011 I went into the store with the credit and purchased a new treadmill. To be delivered to my house on 09/02/11.

On 09/02/2011 Sears home delivery came and delivered and assembled my new treadmill. They did no test the treadmill prior to leaving my home. After the left my house I went to run on it and realized the frame was not fastened correctly and the belt was completely off centered. I called back Sears immediately to have them send back the delivery men and they could not do that. They said they would send out the home delivery guys again the next day!

On 09/03/2011 Sears came back out. They looked at the belt and deemed the treadmill defective. They set up to have another treadmill delivered on 09/09/2011.

On 09/09/2011 Sears came at 5:20pm and took apart the week old broken treadmill and assembled the new treadmill. The same issue with the belt occurred. It was off centered. They clearly stated that they cannot fix the issue. And they left.

On 09/10/2001 I have spoken with Mark Unit# 82015, Jason Unit#24201, Milan Unit# 9911 given a reference # 730670 and have gotten no resolution.

I will never shop at Sears again. I have done everything in my power to ensure that none of my clients, friends or family shop here. I have told everyone and anyone about my experience with Sears. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. The simple fact that I cannot get anyone to take ownership of the issue and come to a resolution baffles me. So today 09/10/2011 I still have a broken treadmill in my home.

Comments