2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have a claim via my bank against Sears for taking over $400 out of my account and not providing the merchandise I paid for. I ordered tires and installation online through my local Sears.

I got a confirmation email of my order and it said they'd call to confirm or reschedule my requested appointment. No one called. I called the Auto Center at my local Sears the next day and was told that it "hadn't dropped into their system yet" and that they would call me when it did. I was told to wait for them to call me.

Five days pass and no one calls me so I call the Auto Center again. The condescending employee on the other end tried told me my order had been cancelled and when I asked why, he tried to tell me that it was because I didn't come and pick up my tires in time. I told him that I had called them the next day to verify my order and I was told that THEY would call ME when my tires came in and when I could come get them installed. He back peddled and gave me the customer service phone number.

I called and was on hold for 30 minutes trying to reach a Customer Service Rep. I gave up and went to the Sears website and did an online chat with a Customer Service Rep. The Rep told me that she could put in a re-order of my tires since "no money had exchanged." I said "hold on a sec...Sears charged me and over $400 was taken out of my bank account." They asked me if I was sure and it wasn't pending. I told them it had been deducted 6 days ago and it was GONE.

I was told they had no record of receiving payment from me and that I had to provide them with proof from the bank that they had charged me! I sent them a statement showing the debit and heard NOTHING again from them. Nearly a week passed after that so I went ahead and filed a dispute claim against the charge with my bank. It's currently in progress.

It's been nearly a month since I tried to buy tires from Sears and I'm still out of over $400 and NO tires. If for some reason my bank doesn't get my money back (which I doubt that will happen), I'm going to the BBB. You can't just take money from people, cancel their order without telling them and then say "what money". Suffice to say, I will never be buying anything from Sears again.

Sears has gone downhill over the last few years. I hope the store goes out of business soon so other people don't get robbed by them!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. CRatliff stated that there is a room for improvement of stole my money. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of sears customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $433. Sears needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments