With Company response Not resolved

Oct. 11th I placed on order online for a new washing machine. My card was charged immediately on 10/12. I chose the 31st of Oct. for delivery. It is now the 31st, 3 weeks from the purchase date, and I had not received a call to confirm delivery.

Called Sears to confirm delivery and was told the following: Your appliance will not be delivered today, it is currently sitting in our warehouse, it was scheduled to be picked up by a contracted 3rd party for delivery but they never showed. I asked if he could contact them directly and was put on hold while he contacted the warehouse, when he returned I was told he was able to contact the delivering party and that they would pick up my appliance from the warehouse but could not tell me when it would be delivered but "probably" sometime this week.

I arranged to stay home from work today because today was the agreed upon delivery date but apparently once sears has your money they could care less when your already purchased appliance gets delivered. Extremely dissatisfied with Sears. Will never spend another dime with Sears again.

Comments

jwegas

how completely inept. in response to your post about your washing machine, their fine customer service apologized for the trouble around the delivery of your refrigerator. good god are they all that way?

their customer service - they are ruining a great brand

#372002

*Update*

So I finally hear from SEARS three days after my scheduled delivery date has come and gone that my delivery was delayed...

I inquire as to a new delivery date and the response is THREE ADDITIONAL WEEKS from the original delivery date and over SIX WEEKS from the date I was charged for the order.

SEARS this is completely UNACCEPTABLE and I'm pretty brings up issues of legality (at least in California)

Also I have tried numerous times to contact the "SEARSCARES" escalation team but to no avail. It seems their only function is to attempt to save face by seeming to offer resolution via an automated message when their nefarious ways are brought to light by consumers who have been taken advantage of such as myself. This is a complete farce which it seems is just par for the course with SEARS.

I would advise against ordering from SEARS, their nonexistent customer service is a joke and I sincerely hope my words of warning help detour any of you from conducting business with this sorry company. Remember folks, all that glitters..

Thank you for your comment j wegas, I hope you see an expeditious resolution and I wish you better luck than I have had.

this is how they operate, i am tired and just about to give up on sears. i placed a 6 piece appliance order with sears on 10/15 and it all was available for delivery within 6-10 days but the earliest delivery option was 11/18. 4 week for in stock product....sad the last few weeks i have been in contact with customer service because i keep getting differing delivery information, now delayed again into december.

their customer service is like a broken record...name, phone, address, zip, name again, delivery address, ok now i found you, whats the issue, transfer repeat all again only to get the 'we will call you back' and they never do. there is no customer service in their customer service group.

about to cancel $4,400 order.

also charged my card with the order not upon delivery.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Neptune,

I am so sorry for the problems you are experiencing surrounding the delivery of your refrigerator. I understand the impact that this has had on your schedule and the frustration that we have caused for you and your family. We would like the opportunity to help you resolve this issue and to regain you trust in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the delivery was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Neptune) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Bobby B.