Bought a Kenmore Pro refrigerator from Sears 18 months ago,(December 14, 2017) broke down on June 24th, 2018 called Sears on 25th to get a repair couldn't come out until the 28th. Repairman comes out and tells me the parts will take 2 weeks to get and they won't be back till July 12 to put the parts in to fix. He also tells me I should have bought a BETTER refrigerator. (Great product endorsement) He also tells me that they have compressor problems with this refrigerator all the time and it may go out again in the next year or so.

After he left I called a local appliance repair shop to see how long for them to get the parts he told me 2-3 days, I looked on line and sure enough I could get them in the same time frame but not Sears. This is all because of a manufacturer warranty who makes this for Sears (LG) but only warranties the parts not labor. So two weeks later July 12 at 11:57 am I get a call from the repairman asking if I have all the parts I tell him what I received, one box. Now shouldn't they know what was shipped and if it was here! Ordering the parts and knowing that they are all here is NOT MY JOB! He said he would come out anyway. Sure enough not all the parts are here but not to worry as soon as they come in which was later that day they will be able to come out right away to fix it just call, so I called when the parts arrived (which was at 3:10pm that same day, two hours after they left) and she said they would get a repair man out, however No call back No nothing.

The next day I have an email stating that I have to make a new appointment I called them and they told me the earliest they could get out is July 23, so 10 more days without a refrigerator are you kidding me! Numerous phone calls to customer service and the repair service neither of which was any help.

I know machines can break down from time to time, but it's how Sears has handled this situation or the lack there of! Now after many years of doing business with Sears I am done.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Refrigerator Repair.

Comments