3.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

We made the mistake of buying a Samsung refrigerator. Our ice maker has broken 5 times now.

We called for this latest repair in April. After the Sears repairman came out, he ordered 3 parts which did not arrive until June. So the repairman comes out and replaces the computer board for the front panel and then unscrews the back panel. He admits he does not know what is wrong so he is just trying some things.

Well, he discovers that he has ordered the wrong part so he orders the "right" part and leaves. I could put up with 3months to fix my ice makers water issue, but what happens next is unbelievable! Two hours after he left I open the refrigerator and water pours out. We stuck rags everywhere because we were not sure where the water was coming from.

An hour later we realize that the refrigerator is not cooling and the freezer is not freezing!! The next morning I call Sears repair and ask for the repairman to come back out and fix what he broke. She replies"I can not send a repairman out to your house until the part that was ordered comes in" I tell her that this has nothing to do with the part that was ordered. She says "well then, you must call Sears warranty and get them to make out another service order.

Then after I explain the urgency of the situation several times she says that she will send out a message to the technician and I should wait for his call. If I do not receive a call by evening I should call the warranty department. This whole thing turned out to be a lie, she never contacted him nor did she enter the problem into the computer, so I decided to call the warranty department. They were wonderful.

They said that I absolutely did not need another service order for the guy to fix what he broke and whoever told me that was crazy! I also did not have to wait for the part because it had nothing to do with the current problem Finally after several calls back and forth to try and get an emergency repair, the warranty department decided to call another company to do the repair. Chel at the Sears repair department is frustrating, annoying and totally unhelpful! And the worst part was that there was no one else I could talk to!

Thank God for the warranty department (Tabitha, Lacy, Sharon) Even though it was not their job, they solved my problem.

They also said that this type of thing was happening a lot with Sears Repair. I live in Long Beach Ca.

Reason of review: Unsatisfactory job performance of Sears Repair Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Warranty department.

I didn't like: Sears repair service.

Comments